Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#15044 08/02/06 09:22 PM
V
V
Quote:
Originally posted by smf:
The idea was to make it easier for outsiders to work on MAME, though it has had more effect on the number of bug reports.
HAY GUYZ, Y WONT STREET FIGHT THREE WORK IN MY MAMES?!!?111ONE.

:shiver:

#15045 08/03/06 06:07 AM
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
I wish those crappy Jakks Pacific TV Plug-n-play games used MAME for reference instead of giving us the NES versions of classic arcade games).
Not all of the handhelds are NES versions (I know the Konami one with Time Pilot is...Grr..bastages!). The MsPacMan 5 game +2, Atari Paddle 2 person (with Arcade Pong and Arcade Warlords - awesome!), and Space Invaders (with a weird version of Qix, but proper versions of the other games?) are all pretty yummy and faithful, AFAI can tell.

Even the Pole Position control on the Ms. Pacman is fairly usable, and the faked 4 way vs. 8 way control on most of them are pretty good. I've been pleasantly surprised with my eBay/dealmac.com purchases of these as I've gotten addicted this past year. The Namco's are obviously modified for horizontal TV's by putting the top info on the right hand side (and sprite changes in background on pole position), but seem to have game play unmodified.

Update: Oh, and just I read the death to nerds article. What a whiner! Why not just explain it to newbies what an update means, and then get over yourself? MAME's free, and {with the notable Gods who actually did} you didn't code it and you didn't rip the ROMs for it. The goofiest part is when he slams the devs for working on things _he_ doesn't care about. Sounds like a 3 year old whining...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (R. Belmont, Vas Crabb), 43 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,882
Posts116,798
Members4,962
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com