Next Thread
Print Thread
Virtua Fighter [revisited] #15143 08/18/06 05:37 AM
A
aPinecone Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi all,

I've downloaded the latest 0.103u2 source code, compiled it with XCode, gcc 4.0.1 (PPC).

When I compile MacMame in "Release" mode and run Virtua Fighter (vf.zip), the game doesn't seem to start. I get the warning screen, ROM info screen, and then just a blank screen. When I compile MacMame in "Debug" mode, running VF yields the warning screen, ROM info screen, and then the MAME debugger pops up and breaks at some address (I can provide more detailed info if anyone is interested.)

A curious thing is that the binary provided on the MacMame site (same version) runs VF just fine! (save the game's usual slowness under MAME).

I tested other Model 1 games (Virtua Racing), and I get exactly the same behaviour as VF.

Is this a known issue, or am I doing something horribly wrong?

Thanks!

Re: Virtua Fighter [revisited] #15144 08/18/06 01:54 PM
T
Thargok Offline
T
Unless things have changed without me noticing, Xcode is not used to create the official binaries. However the source is released in Xcode form as that is where everything needs to move. A universal binary is a top priority now which requires Xcode (and Xcode is what most people use to compile anyways)

Re: Virtua Fighter [revisited] #15145 08/18/06 05:34 PM
A
aPinecone Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Thargok:
Unless things have changed without me noticing, Xcode is not used to create the official binaries. However the source is released in Xcode form as that is where everything needs to move. A universal binary is a top priority now which requires Xcode (and Xcode is what most people use to compile anyways)
That's fine, but is there any explanation for what I've described above?

Re: Virtua Fighter [revisited] #15146 08/18/06 07:12 PM
R
R. Belmont Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
The V60 core was not compatible with GCC 4.x until recently. Until MacMAME is updated you'll be unable to build a version with working V60/V70 games. However, SDLMAME is fully up to date with mainline (including that fix) if you don't mind working with the command line.

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Sharkpuncher), 170 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,722
Posts114,637
Members4,873
Most Online510
Aug 26th, 2019