Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
From a dual joysticks thread some time ago, I got a config. from Nathan re: Battlezone, but it was using only one joystick and didn't quite fit the original dual stick feel. I finally managed to get it right and the bloody tank moves just the way I remember it!! Here's the config. (assuming you're using an I-PAC interface w/2 joysticks or similar setup):

P1 Rt/dwn = F
P1 Rt/up = R
P1 Lft/dwn = DN arrow
P1 Lft/up = Up arrow
Fire = Space
Neutralize the other default keys by assigning it some arbitrary key (G for example).

This is the config that works for me.

Glad you've found something that works for you! It's pretty much a matter of what feels right. I have a Defender set up for MacMAME which works pretty well, but I don't know if anyone else could get used to it.

Up = U
Down = J
Reverse = Space
Fire = Keypad 9
Thrust = Keypad 5
Smart Bomb = Keypad 0
Hyperspace = Right Arrow

This ends up putting my hands in about the same positions as on a real machine. Not as good as the real thing, but not bad, either.

So... what's your best score on Battlezone? laugh

AtariAge Blog
Speaking of - you planning on showing off soon?

wow nathan.. thanks for that. it DOES work for other people! :-)

I guess I just never got into the idea of changing key mapping from the defaults assuming that the defaults would be good enough. Now i'm thinking theres a marketable opportunity here for some kind of keytop attachment to actually put buttons on the top of keys that you have mapped to kinda emulate the layout of the original console. Like an i-pac for cheapskates? although to get a button of the size of a real arcade button you'd need some adequate spacing between the keys you map. oh well... just rambling thought here.

Magneto phone!? This is not a magneto phone!!
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Strum:
So... what's your best score on Battlezone? laugh
Sorry Nathan, your own scores are in NO DANGER of being beaten. I'd be lucky to get past 18,000. Actually, I get hooked easily on the cheats frown

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Pernod), 23 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,911
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com