Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
PongHit Offline OP
OP Offline
Check this -- from the front page of Tron-Sector.com:

The Marketing team at Buena Vista Games sent us some links to previews of the Gameboy Advance version of TRON 2.0: Killer App. Take a look at the information and links below for more on this upcoming title in the expanding TRON universe.

Gamespy.com said:

'Great look; cool mini-games; combat is fun.'

'Tron 2.0: Killer App for the GBA looks like it means business.'

'The combat is genuinely exciting'

'Perfect emulations of both the original Tron arcade game, and Discs of Tron'

'The isometric perspective allows for some pretty broad views of the environments, which allows all the neat visual flourishes to shine. Transistors pulsate, light patterns shift, and the nodes on enemies' energy shields react to impact, all in hand-drawn 2D. It's quite impressive, and it looks like it took a great deal of work.'

'More encouraging is the fact that the game, which is already looking like it's in ship-shape, isn't due out till October'

1up.com said:

'Unlockable within Tron 2.0 is a version of the arcade game Discs of Tron. And as any respectable old school gamer will tell you, that game is awesome.'

Gamespot said:

'Tron 2.0: Killer App seems to be packing in a lot more content and variety than you might expect to see in a handheld, movie-licensed game.'

IGN.com said:

'the Lightcycle racing stages -- brought to life on the GBA with impressive top-down zooming effects'

there's quite a bit to be impressed by in the version that we played'

'These arcade games are made to be arcade-perfect emulations'

'With tons of multiplayer options and both arcade games, this should be one to look for when it ships in a couple of months'

-PongHit :pong:

i hope some of the original arcade music is intact, or at least some of wendy carlos's main themes.

PongHit Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by foxglove:
i hope some of the original arcade music is intact, or at least some of wendy carlos's main themes.
Based on the reviews, sounds like the sounds & music are emulated well!

S
S
I wonder how they are going to solve the control problem. My one biggest MacMAME wish is that I had the controls to play a real game of Tron. How are you going to drive the tank around and aim a different way?

Just as a point of reference this was covered back in May.

PongHit Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by shortstop:
I wonder how they are going to solve the control problem. My one biggest MacMAME wish is that I had the controls to play a real game of Tron. How are you going to drive the tank around and aim a different way?
Good question -- I wondered about this too... but based on the recent rave reviews I posted above, sounds like they've solved the problem somehow...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 18 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,916
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com