Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I'm thoroughly enjoying my newly acquired Airport Express to bang all of my iTunes music out through a proper hi-fi than my scabby eMac speakers, or the now equally rubbish sounding iSub/tower combo. This whole PCM audio beamed across the house lark is fab, I recommend.

Just to try to bring it back vaguely on topic, I'd be intrigued what people think of the potential using the technology for other applications (it seems obvious that in time, Apple is going to roll it out to other key apps - DVD Player, Quicktime, GarageBand etc. spring to mind), say MacMAME for example....

Imagine sitting in a darkened room, playing Star Wars in MacMAME with the sounds from the arcade behind you, as per the old sit down cab.... laugh

Simon

J
J
main problem with any interactive stuff is the latency in encoding/transmitting/decoding the audio. no clue if its always the same delay or what, but itd be something to work around first. for video you could delay the video playback to match, but i dont know a way to handle gameplay.

and if you want to recreate a sit down cab sound setup, its not like you need an airport express to do that...unless you played on some gigantic sit down with speakers many feet away.

>>Imagine sitting in a darkened room, playing Star Wars in MacMAME with the sounds from the arcade behind you, as per the old sit down cab....

I don't have to imagine it, I live it. Build your own cab, dude. smile

-Mahuti

-------------------------------
localarcade.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (box, Dorando), 24 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,853
Posts116,506
Members4,927
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020