Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
PongHit Offline OP
OP Offline
Greetings Programs,

TRON 2.0: The Killer App has been released for MAC! http://macplay.com/games/tron2.php

A very different version of TRON 2.0 -- including ports of the original "TRON," & "DISCS OF TRON" arcade games -- has been released for Gameboy Advnace...

...AND check-out the "Tron Guy" on TV! Wild QuickTime clips here:

http://www.tronguy.net/videos/

Long live the MCP,
-PongHit :pong:

Is the GBA version any good? I can't imagine the arcade ports work very well with those controls.

AtariAge Blog
Quote:
s the GBA version any good? I can't imagine the arcade ports work very well with those controls.
I haven't played it but I've seen pics of it and read some reviews. Generally it's getting good reviews for a GBA game. Some complaints I see are that the screen on Tron and DOT are stretched to fill the entire GBA screen. Another down point are the controls since the rotation of the joystick is now replaced by the L and R buttons which means no control over speed of movement. I can't imagine getting that far in the games without an analog control.

Anyone try the mac version of Tron? I was thinking about getting an Xbox just for Tron 2.0. That version looks really good and more arcade like than the PC version. I wonder if it will contain the original arcade as well.

I got Tron 2.0 for my G5 a couple of months ago, played through it... enjoyed it for the nostalgia, but not the linear gameplay.

I wrote a Wikipedia article about the game which may answer more questions about it for you (but be careful to avoid the spoilers if you don't want the plot revealed).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Kale, eberhab), 35 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,916
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com