Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20092 11/03/04 11:19 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I recently downloaded version 87b... put it in my applications directory, and copied the Macmame folder (minus the application) in my ~/Documents directory...

When I run the program, all my settings for games do not have the player 1 button 1,2,3,4,5,6etc set as I had them previously, and when I go into configure to set them, once I hit return and it awaits what key I want to assign to that button, it does not recognize my keypress.. I can push any key on the keyboard and it will not take any input.. Except ESC..

I am wondering if anyone has had this problem, and if anyone has any feedback.

-patrick

Patrick J. Collins
#20093 11/03/04 07:00 PM
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
RTFM and do a search. You shouldn't clog up boards with useless posts.

But old config files are incompatible with newer versions of MAME. They have gone from the obscure old format to a new XML-based format. This is mentioned in the read me files, and numerous places here and on mame.net.

#20094 11/04/04 01:08 PM
C
C
"You shouldn't clog up boards with useless posts."

You make a fine welcoming committee.

- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey
#20095 11/04/04 02:45 PM
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
Sorry, I didn't mean to be nasty. It's just that this has been asked too many times, and it's in the read me files, and all over mame.net. I didn't think it deserved a thread, particularly one with such a generic topic.

#20096 11/06/04 09:01 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Hmmm.. well i apologize that my post was not appreciated...

#1. I downloaded 87b, and there is nothing in the readme files that say anything about config files being invalid-- atleast I can't find anything anywhere saying that. Infact, the readme file encourages the user to copy folders within their previous MacMame directory over to the new MacMAME directory in your home dir. I was previously using version 77, so I may have missed out on some information over time-- I do not read this message board religiously.

#2. After taking your advice and deleting my config files, I ran Street Fighter II as a test, and the exact same thing happens. I go to INPUT (THIS GAME) and go to assign the numeric keypads 1, 2, and 3 for buttons 1 2 and 3.. and as soon as I select button one, and hit enter and its awaiting keyboard input, it will not register any keystrokes that I enter.. and it sits there forever 'waiting' for a keypress even though I have been hitting many keys over and over and over and over.. until I just have to quit out of macmame.

So again, I am sorry that this question apparently was asked many times.. I went through the last 4 pages of posts and I didn't find anything on this topic... So I would appreciate any help that can be given.

Otherwise, I am going to stick with version 77 since everything worked (including atari roms like 720 that for some reason just stopped working with this new version).

-patrick

P.S. another side question, is FAST FAST FAST ms. pacman, a separate ROM file, or is it just an additional support file that makes that happen?

Patrick J. Collins
#20097 11/06/04 06:01 PM
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
After you hit enter, hold the key you want to assign for a couple of seconds. It doesn't register straight away.

There is a ROM set for "Ms Pac-man (with speedup hack)". It's a clone of Ms Pac-man. The only additional ROM required is pacfast.6f, replacing pacman.6f

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (r09), 36 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,836
Posts116,222
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020