Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20092 11/03/04 11:19 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I recently downloaded version 87b... put it in my applications directory, and copied the Macmame folder (minus the application) in my ~/Documents directory...

When I run the program, all my settings for games do not have the player 1 button 1,2,3,4,5,6etc set as I had them previously, and when I go into configure to set them, once I hit return and it awaits what key I want to assign to that button, it does not recognize my keypress.. I can push any key on the keyboard and it will not take any input.. Except ESC..

I am wondering if anyone has had this problem, and if anyone has any feedback.

-patrick

Patrick J. Collins
#20093 11/03/04 07:00 PM
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
RTFM and do a search. You shouldn't clog up boards with useless posts.

But old config files are incompatible with newer versions of MAME. They have gone from the obscure old format to a new XML-based format. This is mentioned in the read me files, and numerous places here and on mame.net.

#20094 11/04/04 01:08 PM
C
C
"You shouldn't clog up boards with useless posts."

You make a fine welcoming committee.

- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey
#20095 11/04/04 02:45 PM
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Sorry, I didn't mean to be nasty. It's just that this has been asked too many times, and it's in the read me files, and all over mame.net. I didn't think it deserved a thread, particularly one with such a generic topic.

#20096 11/06/04 09:01 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Hmmm.. well i apologize that my post was not appreciated...

#1. I downloaded 87b, and there is nothing in the readme files that say anything about config files being invalid-- atleast I can't find anything anywhere saying that. Infact, the readme file encourages the user to copy folders within their previous MacMame directory over to the new MacMAME directory in your home dir. I was previously using version 77, so I may have missed out on some information over time-- I do not read this message board religiously.

#2. After taking your advice and deleting my config files, I ran Street Fighter II as a test, and the exact same thing happens. I go to INPUT (THIS GAME) and go to assign the numeric keypads 1, 2, and 3 for buttons 1 2 and 3.. and as soon as I select button one, and hit enter and its awaiting keyboard input, it will not register any keystrokes that I enter.. and it sits there forever 'waiting' for a keypress even though I have been hitting many keys over and over and over and over.. until I just have to quit out of macmame.

So again, I am sorry that this question apparently was asked many times.. I went through the last 4 pages of posts and I didn't find anything on this topic... So I would appreciate any help that can be given.

Otherwise, I am going to stick with version 77 since everything worked (including atari roms like 720 that for some reason just stopped working with this new version).

-patrick

P.S. another side question, is FAST FAST FAST ms. pacman, a separate ROM file, or is it just an additional support file that makes that happen?

Patrick J. Collins
#20097 11/06/04 06:01 PM
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
After you hit enter, hold the key you want to assign for a couple of seconds. It doesn't register straight away.

There is a ROM set for "Ms Pac-man (with speedup hack)". It's a clone of Ms Pac-man. The only additional ROM required is pacfast.6f, replacing pacman.6f

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Fake Shemp, Duke, 1 invisible), 38 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,879
Posts116,754
Members4,957
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com