Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I've used Fetch, and have done for the last 2 years... the current version is very stable, no problems thus far uploading large files, and I particularly like the integration with BBEdit/Lite - you can download any text file and have the option in the 'right-click menu' to open it directly in BBEdit/Lite. Truly a great time saver for me as I have to make textual updates and changes to my phpBB forum almost daily.

I'm also in the market for a FM transmitter for my newly acquired iPod Mini, so I'd be interested to see this thread grow with additional suggestions.

I had an iTrip. It was very stable, and reliable, but underpowered. It was also too difficutl to change a station (while driving), or explain to someone how to change to a different station. In LA, it's tough to find a consistent station that will work well with an iTrip. On long distance trips, however, I like the itrip because it is so streamlined with the iPod. Nebraskans wll find it a great product. LA people won't.

-Mahuti

-------------------------------
localarcade.com
J
J
iirc ipodlounge liked the airplay. smaller and easier to use cause the built in display, and they found it to be a more powerful transmitter. if i were getting a transmitter id probably get the airplay. only things i have against it are that it doesnt use the dock (line out) and is ipod only, but those arent that big a deal.

[edit: checked out the ipodlounge forums and found vastly varying reports w/the airplay. dont know if theres a batch of bad ones or just differing opinions or what. so uh, if you buy it get it from a place thats easy with returns i guess.]

as for ftp, i barely use it, my needs are super basic. so with that in mind, heres the crap ive used:
cli ftp - well it works as long as you know the basic commands. i use it when im too lazy to open an app (although the amount of typing is probably more work).
golive - sorta ghetto, slow, but its worked for simple syncing and uploading to my site.
fetch - uh, havent used it in a while. screwed up some transfers for me before so i ditched it.
fireftp - firefox extension, turns the browser window into a 2 paned ftp client basically. been using this since i was told about it a while ago until...
cyberduck - never heard of it until a similar thread showed up on another forum. tried it out and it works for my basic needs so far. using the last 'final' version instead of the betas, not sure how much a difference that makes. it can integrate with subethaedit or textwrangler or whatever which is nice i guess.

gdk Offline
Transmit is a sexy little app. Been using it since the 1.x days, it's given me the least amount of fuss of any FTP client I've used. 3.0 added a whole bunch of little goodies like tabs and more connections modes (aside from the standard FTP and SFTP). Plus, the Panic seems really eager to make a quality product. Their tech support has always been some of the most personal correspondence I've ever had with developers.

30 smackers ain't cheap, but you wouldn't be disappointed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Duke, Cpt. Pugwash), 55 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,835
Posts116,215
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020