Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Michael Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello! I downloaded the latest versions of both Audio Overload and M1 (ao20B7-w32 and m1077b-win32) plus two frontends that a forum user over at mame directed me to (FoxM1_121 and BridgeM1_056) but I cannot get them to work. When I try to launch the Audio Overload icon I get an error dialogue: This Application failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found. and when i launch the M1 from it's icon a black DOS looking window pops up real fast then goes away and that's it. I am running WindowsXP. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Unzip BridgeM1 to a directory, copy M1.DLL from the M1 package to the same place Bridge's EXE is, and run Bridge. M1 is a command-line program, Bridge provides a friendly skinnable Windows user interface for it.

As for the DLL for Audio Overload, you may search and download missing Microsoft DLLs at dll-files.com (or simply Google the name of the DLL - it'll usually be the first hit).

M
Michael Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks!!!!
Everything works great!!!

M
Michael Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ooops! Spoke too soon. The M1 works great and the audio overload opens properly (unlike before), but when I try to load a game music file in audio overload, it says "unable to open file". I tried a few other game music file's and got the same. Any tips? Thanks.

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
What files are you trying to open and where did you get them?

M
Michael Offline OP
OP Offline
M
The Adventures of Bayou Billy (NES) and Double Dragon (Sega Mastersystem) I got them from [CENSORED].

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
I think I understand your confusion. Audio Overload plays sound rips from games, not the actual ROM files like M1. (The rips contain data from the ROMs but reformatted so only the music player is emulated). For NES, these are in a format called .NSF. You can find rips for a variety of systems at http://www.zophar.net/music.html - AO can play nearly every format there except PSF2. Also, AO can play them even from inside archives, including zip, rar, and cab.

I've had a similar problem with AO. Except with I tried opening it with the DLL. It would cause an error and not load at all.

Moderated by  R. Belmont, Richard Bannister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dam0, 1 invisible), 21 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,241
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com