Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24243 10/23/06 03:04 AM
A
Arkitan Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I usually use my Xbox - Controller S with an adapter for my emulation. It works great in Genesis, Nintendo, SNES stuff.

But I can't seem to get it to work right in MacMAME

The D-pad buttons work, and the left stick works just fine, as do the shoulder buttons. However the ABXY buttons don't seem to translate to anything under MacMAME.

I pretty novice at this kind of stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Typically it would help to know what version of MacMAME and OS at a minimum as there have been significant changes in the controller config between .77 and more recent versions.

Sean Aaron
A
Arkitan Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the reply,

I am using MacMAME 0.103u2, and OS X 10.4.8

Last edited by Arkitan; 10/23/06 04:08 AM.
Well, ordinarily you'd just do whatever you did to configure the other controls: Go into the in-game configuration menu using the TAB key, select Player 1, then select the function you want mapped to that button and press the button to register it. The key is to not release the button right away as it can take several seconds to register with the program.

You may have already done this to get the buttons working that do so presently, so if you know how to do this and it's just not working, then I'd suggest disconnecting and reconnecting the entire controller setup and replugging the joypad into the adapter and trying that. I've had issues with my Lik-Sang Boom 64 adapter occasionally not making a good connection with the controller, so it's not impossible. Otherwise more knowledgeable people than myself will know how to troubleshoot controller issues; in fact there may already be threads concerning this, so do a search, but I cannot say that I've seen a controller only work partially before.

Good luck!

Sean Aaron
A
Arkitan Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Yeah, I tried that...didn't work, thanks though.

Yes I did a search I didn't see anything that resembled my problem.

M
M
I'm having the same problem: running the latest MacMame (0.103u2)/OS X 10.4.8/and I'm using version 1.3.3 of Walisser's Xbox HID Driver. I upgraded from version 0.77 of MacMame so I could play Progear and I noticed my controller's face buttons were no longer compatible. I went back and downloaded the earlier versions and I've noticed that the problem began after version 0.88.

L
Lou Offline
L
im running macmame 0.103u2 and im using an xbox360 controller driver--allowing me to use wired 360 controllers...it works fine...however i cant get a second 360 controller to work.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dorando), 28 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,086
Posts119,083
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com