Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
E
So, changing the preg_match_all line to the above enables EMUlaunch to work with sdlMAME and MAME OS X based listxml files laugh

M
M
Quote:
However, I've also modified the script to use infoxml instead of the MacMame reports:

Thanks for that I've got it working no, the full code for my working "EMUlaunch-mame.php" file is as follows
Code:
#!/bin/php 
 <?php
 function rom_xml($start_directory, $pattern, $roms, $depth = 0) { $indent = str_pad('', $depth, "	"); foreach(glob($start_directory.'/*', GLOB_ONLYDIR) as $directory) { $rom_xml .= $indent.'<folder type="1" dir="'.$directory.'/" label="'.basename($directory).'">'."
";   $rom_xml .= rom_xml($directory, $pattern, $roms, ++$depth);   $rom_xml .= $indent.'</folder>'."
";   }  foreach(glob($start_directory.'/'.$pattern) as $file) { $file = str_replace($start_directory.'/', '', $file); if(isset($roms[$file])) { $rom_xml .= $indent.'<file type="0" rom="'.$file.'" label="'.$roms[$file].'" dir="'.$start_directory.'/" />'."
";   } }  return $rom_xml;   } preg_match_all('/<game name="(.*)" sourcefile=".*">\n.*<description>(.*)<\/description>/', file_get_contents('/Users/myusername/Documents/MacMAME User Data/Reports/MAME Game Info.xml'), $matches); $config_roms = array();   $config_rom_count = count($matches[1]) - 1; for($x = 0;   $x <= $config_rom_count;   $x++) { $config_roms[$matches[1][$x].'.zip'] = $matches[2][$x];   } echo rom_xml('roms', '*.zip', $config_roms); $file_contents = rom_xml('/Users/myusername/Documents/MacMAME User Data/ROMs', '*.zip', $config_roms); $file = "/Users/myusername/Library/Preferences/EMUlaunch-mame.xml";   if (!$file_handle = fopen($file,"w")) { echo "Cannot open file";   }if (!fwrite($file_handle, $file_contents)) { echo "Cannot write to file";   } else {echo "
 You have successfully  written data to $file 
";   } fclose($file_handle); 
 ?>

Plus unknown to me before today, but the developer showed me, subfolders in the MAME roms directory works fine, I wish I'd have known this sooner, but now I can spend a bit of time organising my roms.

Last edited by myca; 04/06/07 11:05 PM.
A
OP Offline
A
I've fixed a bunch of bugs ( especially the ones noted in this thread) and I've added -listxml file support along with a bunch of other changes. Thanks for the help so far from a good group of beta testers (especially Em and myca on this board). Still not quite ready for an official release but thought I'd post the latest.

-Support for SDLMame and Mame OS X using -listxml file which can be generated using SDLMame. (thanks to Em for figuring out the reg ex pattern so I wouldn't have to myself)
-The SDLMame.ini file used for configuring SDLMame should be located next to the EMUlaunch app (for now). For those who don't want to use SDLMame to create the listxml file you can download a fairly recent version from here http://emulaunch.com/downloads/listxml.xml
-Better multi resolution scaling.
-Interface changes (somewhat closer to a front row look if you disable backgrounds and use the zoom mode).
-Faster scrolling
-Cached xml files for all systems (this should help going back and forth between systems)

http://emulaunch.com/downloads/EMUlaunch-v1.4b5.dmg

Last edited by agallisa; 04/11/07 03:41 PM.
L
L
Just wanted to drop by to says Emulaunch is really a great launcher for Mame OS X! (Just unfortunately it needs SDLMame to generate the ROM listing, luckily it is something that I have thanks to myca).

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By limtc
Just wanted to drop by to says Emulaunch is really a great launcher for Mame OS X! (Just unfortunately it needs SDLMame to generate the ROM listing, luckily it is something that I have thanks to myca).

Actually you don't need SDLMame. All you need is the listxml file generated by SDLMame. I am going to try and keep a fairly up to date version on my site. There is a download link in the preferences page of EMUlaunch. If there is a way to make Mame OS X produce the listxml file I would love to know. I tried from the terminal but it did not seem to accept the -listxml function.

D
D
Originally Posted By agallisa
If there is a way to make Mame OS X produce the listxml file I would love to know. I tried from the terminal but it did not seem to accept the -listxml function.

I'd like to have support for this in the next version. Most likely, there will be an auxillary binary in the bundle to support this. I'm thinking "mameosx-util" or something like that.

-Dave

T
T
The link to the beta versions of EMUlaunch that support MAME OS X are dead. All I have is version 1.4, which I can't get to work with MAME OS X. Anybody know where I can find the beta versions?

A
OP Offline
A
You can send me more detailed info through my site so that I can try and help you out. 99% of the time its a simple setup problem. I am about to release a slight update which should make setup for some a little easier. I am including a stripped down version of listxml in EMUlaunch (which the user can update at a later date) which will configure things for MacMAME, SDLMame, or Mame OS X. If you still have trouble send me your preference files, and any info regarding your setup. This version should also fix a couble of bugs such as the background images being incorrectly stretched, and some of the quick launcher keys were not working.

http://emulaunch.com/downloads/EMUlaunch-v1.4.1.dmg

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (MilanSK, hap, Augusto), 28 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,277
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com