Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Martin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Weird, I just posted a reply to that and it didn't show up - must have hit the wrong key smile

Anyway, shortened version is, thanks, looks good and I'll keep and eye out!!

M
Martin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Update: this is turning into a bit of an epic!!

I ordered a SmartJoy Plus from www.darkplanets.co.uk what can I say - ignore this company like the plague. Showed as in stock when I ordered it or I wouldn't have bothered. When that part of the order didn't turn up but was marked as "to follow" i checked the site again to make sure it was in stock and they'd removed all existence of it. Uh oh! After a week of phone calls they finally admitted that they wouldn't be able to get it and I cancelled my order for a refund. I'm still waiting for the refund.

SO, i got to www.consolesandgadgets.com and ordered one since they're a bit more expensive but they showed as "in stock usually ships next day" after 4 days it showed up. Hoorah! Ah, maybe not. They obviously couldn't get it either and chose to just send one that works with Windows instead grrrrr....

It's a "Super Jox Box 3 Pro". Well, okay, it works in OSX but it ain't no joy box smile

There's a discernable lag between moving the stick and the keypress registering in Mame OSX. And obviously with the drivers being Winblows only there's no rumble support if i choose to use the proper PS2 pad. Oh, and try as i might i can't get the driver floppy to fit in any of the orifices of my iMac - LOL

I'm about to phone them up and give them a piece of my mind!

My conclusion is that the SmartJoy plus must simply be no longer available and using a decent arcade stick on the Mac is going to be a case of X Arcade or nothing at all frown

N
N
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-15-Super%2BJoy%2BBox%2B3%2BPro-70-qc2.html

I've gone through many adapters and the Super Joy Box 3 Pro has the least delay and works extremely well in 2D fighters.

M
Martin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Heh, oops!!

That'll be the one I sent back today then because I thought the lag was terrible. Playing Donkey Kong for instance was useless :s

Have given up on the whole subject for now. I'm simply loosing too much money from companies not giving refunds when they say they will and others giving refunds but loosing out of return postage etc.

Waste of time.

N
N
Just curious, how many controllers did you try with the adapter? Did you test any other games/emulators outside of MAME? My HORI HRAP stick, Sega Saturn PS2 pads, and Sony PS2 controllers are super smooth with that adapter and also the 3 in 1 Joybox adapter from Play-Asia. (shoryuken.com recommended: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=132493)

If your controller uses a PS1 PCB instead of dual shock, that might account for the lag.

Last edited by neohx_7; 07/02/07 08:31 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dorando), 20 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,071
Posts118,945
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com