Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30953 06/30/07 05:52 AM
OP Offline
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but it is the front-end I'm using with MAME OS X, so I wanted to state a long-time desire in this front-end to be able to do some kind of toggle between all images related to the various ROMs; this is really something I think is a must in any MAME front-end due to the wealth of additional archive material available for arcade games: marquee images, cabinet images, screen shots both in-game and title, game flyers and control panels. I'd really like to be able to view those things from within the front-end.

Is this something that's made difficult to implement because EMULaunch supports more than just MAME or is it just not a priority?

MAME OS X has been out for awhile, are there any other front-ends in the making, or is the audience too small? I do recall that when MacMAME was the only game in town more than one person seemed keen to develop a front-end for a command-line-driven version of MacMAME; I guess they've fallen by the wayside or something. Could be a sign I need to try to learn some programming! (Beyond bourne shell, that is).

Last edited by seanraaron; 06/30/07 05:53 AM.

Sean Aaron
E
E
Everybody's become busy/distracted wink
Actually, I'm pushing for MAMEWah support in EmuLaunch; an older version of emulaunch has folders for two different kinds of images, and I was doing cabs in one and in-game in the other.

It'll probably be a while before EmuLaunch has a full mame32-compatible front end though.

A
A
Originally Posted By seanraaron
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but it is the front-end I'm using with MAME OS X, so I wanted to state a long-time desire in this front-end to be able to do some kind of toggle between all images related to the various ROMs; this is really something I think is a must in any MAME front-end due to the wealth of additional archive material available for arcade games: marquee images, cabinet images, screen shots both in-game and title, game flyers and control panels. I'd really like to be able to view those things from within the front-end.

This is a good idea and I'll certainly keep it in mind.

Originally Posted By Em Adespoton
Everybody's become busy/distracted wink
Actually, I'm pushing for MAMEWah support in EmuLaunch;

Yeah I have been really busy as of late, and when I add MAMEwha layout support I want to do it right and still keep things simple. I am not really sure when I'll have time to work on EMUlaunch again. Hopefully before GTA4 and Halo 3 come out or else it would certainly be after that.

OP Offline
Is there any way to change order listing? It seems to do it by alpha on ROM name like MAME Library, but I'd prefer alpha by Game name. Looking at the .xml files in ~Library/Preferences, it appears the game listing is generated on the fly by php code.

That's probably top of my list for both EMULaunch and MAME Library -- I've decided to be a little agnostic on my front-ends for now as both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Sean Aaron
A
A
Originally Posted By seanraaron
Is there any way to change order listing? It seems to do it by alpha on ROM name like MAME Library, but I'd prefer alpha by Game name. Looking at the .xml files in ~Library/Preferences, it appears the game listing is generated on the fly by php code.

Currently the sorting is done by how the games are listed in the listxml file. I am sure someone here can modify the php script to reorder the nodes by game title. Or alternatively you could reorder the listxml file which is found inside EMUlaunch itself (its inside the resources folder). I am swamped right now at work and the free time I have I have not devouted to EMUlaunch at all. Heck the only reason I was able to reply tonight was cause I just finished reading Harry Potter at like 2am and can't get to bed.

Last edited by agallisa; 07/23/07 09:04 AM. Reason: spelling/grammer
OP Offline
I thought it might be that file, although that file appears to be a complete title listing -- what does the filter against ROMs that are actually available?

Sean Aaron
A
A
Inside your preferences folder, there is a php file which is generated by EMUlaunch each time you set your preferences in EMUlaunch. It parses through your rom folder and compares them against the listxml file. So if you are interested in having this work for you every time, you could update the listxml file, otherwise if you try and just modify the php file it would be overwritten everytime you set prefences in EMUlaunch. I may take a look at editing the php file in EMUlaunch but like I said right now I am swamped.

OP Offline
Cool, just wanted to confirm the mechanism before I start editing as the .xml file isn't very human-readable.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean Aaron

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (MrBogi), 17 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,241
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com