Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
MAME OS X Version 0.117 has been released. Changes in this version are:
  • Upgrade to 0.117 baseline.
  • Add support for cheat.dat.
  • Add preference to enable auto save states.
  • Add mameosx-util command line app for --listxml, etc.

Download the binary and source from:

http://mameosx.sourceforge.net/

-Dave

S
S
Very nice version. I haven't tested every game but there didn't seem to be any regression, which is always the sign of a good release.

One question, though: Is there a speed-up/optimization for Killer Instinct 2? I tried that game on SDLMAME 0.116u3 and it ran at full speed again, though because there was an input bug it was unplayable. But I mean, watching the actual gameplay footage during attract mode, it ran at full speed. When I tried the same thing in MAME OS X 0.117, it showed the usual slowdown and choppiness which has been present for a few versions of SDLMAME for me. Not sure why there's such a difference in performance between these two apps for this specific game.

Last edited by Slick Mandela; 07/14/07 01:02 AM.
Dave, thanks for the release, but aperture effects are broken! Otherwise it looks great smile

A
A
You can play KI 1/2 if you press the tab key and select to make free play for the dip switch settings. You can then turn on test switch and adjust the settings for difficulty and such and then turn off test switch and just press 1 and you can play in SDLMAME 0.116 and in Mame OS X 0.117, KI 1/2 with my new Macbook Pro 17 (HD display Santa rosa, 2GB SDRAM, the newest macbook pro you can get!) So far KI2s Orchid stage is a bit slow in famerate but still fun to play! Thanks Dave for enabling cheat.dat for me and for new SF3 and Warzard.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By Bob Boyle
Dave, thanks for the release, but aperture effects are broken! Otherwise it looks great smile

Crap, thanks for reporting. I'll do a 0.117-1 in the next day or two to fix this. I want to wait to see if any other critical bugs are found. smile

-Dave

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By Slick Mandela
One question, though: Is there a speed-up/optimization for Killer Instinct 2? I tried that game on SDLMAME 0.116u3 and it ran at full speed again, though because there was an input bug it was unplayable.

I just checked and DRC is enabled. It's possible that SDLMAME is just faster than MAME OS X in this case. Are you using the new GLSL stuff in SDLMAME? That could definitely give you a speed boost? Also, what hardware are you on?

-Dave

S
S
Originally Posted By Dave Dribin
I just checked and DRC is enabled. It's possible that SDLMAME is just faster than MAME OS X in this case. Are you using the new GLSL stuff in SDLMAME? That could definitely give you a speed boost? Also, what hardware are you on?

-Dave
Was GLSL the thing that was introduced in 0.116u4 or 0.117? If so, I haven't been able to try it because there hasn't been a pre-compiled build for those versions yet. (and before you ask, I've tried compiling a build myself but suck at that sort of thing) I should note that KI 1 runs at full speed in MAME OS X 0.116 and 0.117, so I don't think it has to do with DRC, but I could be wrong.

Specs: 2 Ghz speed, 1 Ghz RAM, default speed settings.

Last edited by Slick Mandela; 07/14/07 04:12 AM.

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,129
Posts119,632
Members5,026
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com