Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
OP Offline
D
MAME OS X Version 0.118 has been released. Changes in this version are:

• Upgrade to 0.118 baseline.
  • Major UI overhaul based on audit status.
  • Allow multiple keyboards to be used as separate devices.
  • Allow multiple mice to be used as separate devices.
  • Preferences window uses standard OS X style toolbar.
  • Help manual is broken out into several pages.

http://mameosx.sourceforge.net/

-Dave

And Dribin spoke and said, "Let there be no more need for front ends."

This is the most impressive update since your first release aeons ago!

Question though: How do you get custom screenshots to display rather than the MAME image?

Last edited by Bob Boyle; 08/18/07 01:57 AM.
S
S
This is great! Finally, a frontend, a la MacMAMEInfoX. And it works wonderfully, too.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By Bob Boyle
Question though: How do you get custom screenshots to display rather than the MAME image?

It should pick up screenshots you've saved with F12, i.e. those in:

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/MAME OS X/Screenshots

It expects a directory by the name of the game, with individual screenshots in there.

-Dave

A
A
Thanks Dave! Great work! So, now I dont have to use my custom shortcuts trick. Although, when this new version of Mame OS X does an auto-audit of your roms, is there anyway to just configure Mame OS X to just scan only for ROMs you have? So, to speed up auto-audit? I see you can import favorites. If not, thats ok.

Groovy new front-end, although I do like to keep my screenshots somplace else -- I'm happy with where they get created, but my existing repository isn't structured like that.

Is this something that's MAME-standard? If so, then I can go through all my screenshots I guess. Also, MAME/MacMAME support Title Screenshots as distinct from in-game (at least MacMAME did); does MAME OS X as well? If I have more than one screenshot in the directory, which one gets shown?

Sean Aaron
I have to second axeldentaldj, having the ability to only show/audit ROMs we actually have is a must. I've got nearly 300 ROMs, so marking them all as Favourites is a bit time-consuming; I don't need to have an audit of 3000 (or whatever it is now) possible ROMs. Still, I've got other front-ends, so I'm more concerned with the .118 update than anything else. Just gotta find out what's changed (if anything) so I can look out for the newness!

Sean Aaron
A
A
Originally Posted By seanraaron
I have to second axeldentaldj, having the ability to only show/audit ROMs we actually have is a must.

Erm, auditing only the ROMs you actually have is a requirement. If MAME OS X is auditing ROMs you don't have then it needs to be fixed.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By AaronGiles
Erm, auditing only the ROMs you actually have is a requirement. If MAME OS X is auditing ROMs you don't have then it needs to be fixed.

It's auditing all ROMs, just like ./mame -verifyroms. Unless I'm confused about what you mean by "auditing ROMs you don't have".

-Dave

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
What Aaron means is you cannot audit ROM *sets* the user doesn't have, as I explained before.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (MrBogi), 32 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,133
Posts119,660
Members5,029
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com