Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hello,

I have installed the latest version of Mame for OS X and I can't get any of my Neo Geo Roms to work. I have installed the Neo Geo Bios and it's still not picking up the Roms! I'm using a Poowerbook 12" with Mac OS 10.4.

Help, I really miss playing my Neo Geo games on the road.

B
B
Hi Mat,

It appears as though you need to unzip neogeo.zip in your roms folder. It won't work if you leave it zipped like a game rom - at least that was the case with me (MAME OS X v.119, OS X v10.5.1).

Hope that helps...

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Err, no, that's exactly wrong. You must leave neogeo.zip zipped. However, the BIOS changed recently so you must have the latest one.

B
B
Right or wrong, there is no neogeo.zip anywhere in my MAME OS X directory structure and my neogeo games play fine (and I have re-audited).

B
B
I should explain further...

I had neogeo.zip (the latest) in my ROMS folder, and after a full audit, my neogeo games were not recognized as "Good". They would run fine if I launched them from the "All" view, however. After unzipping neogeo.zip (out of pure desperation) and re-auditing, the aforementioned games became visible in the "Good" filter. As I've said, I've since removed neogeo.zip and re-audited, and the games still work.

Just a data point, FWIW.

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
It'll work with them unzipped, but that ability is deprecated and may go away in the future. Ergo, it's a bad idea to tell poor defenseless noobs to do it. I hope you filed a bug against the audit problems you describe.

Z
Z
I have a similar problem as well...I just downloaded one of the neo geo fighting games. I put it in the ROMs folder, audit it and I guess it wasnt good...is ther anyway I could find out what im missing?

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,993
Posts118,153
Members5,005
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com