Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36375 12/11/07 11:45 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Anyone else having problems editing cheat Activation Keys? I have tried Pugsy's 0.114, 0.116, and 0.117, but every time I try to edit a cheat activation key, Mame locks up and I have to force quit. After that, when Mame is started again and a game is selected, it hangs on the initialization screen. Another force quit. Once the cheat.dat file is removed, everything is normal again. After that, if you want to enable cheats again, you have to insert a new fresh copy of cheat.dat file, not the old file or else Mame will hang on initializing again. I hate to nag, but, what good are cheats if you cant enable them on the fly with an activation key? Has anyone had any success? If so, where did you get your cheat.dat?

Thanks!

Noob

Squid3660 #36467 12/14/07 02:39 PM
V
V
The problem is known.
Both MAME OS X and SDLMAME 119 compiled for Mac Intel are afflicted.
I plain to compile 0.122 version when it's ready, but there's no mention of this bug in varoius update files in mamedev.org. Also a search in mametesters.net does nor reveal anything.
However, I've never experienced a crash of the application: it just locks up.
I also try to add a key by adding a line to cheat.dat file - see the relative documentation - but the chosen key doesn't show up correctly in the on-screen menu and doesn't work also.
A check in MAME baseline version for Windows is needed.

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (nerd4gw), 22 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,113
Posts119,448
Members5,024
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com