Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37707 01/24/08 07:54 AM
O
OP Offline
O
Is there an XML file or something like that which is used to audit the games?
I opened the application package, but I did not find a file that could contain information like this.

I like to rename a lot of the names: get rid of all the prefixes like (jp), (us), set1, bootleg and so on.
Also I like to reduce the amount of similar titles. So when there is a (US) a (JP) a (JP joytick set 1) I would love to trash 2 of those entries and keep just the best of the three in a name without prefixes.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
you would have to take mame/mameosx source, manually edit the info in the drivers and recompile.

there is no other way

S
S
If you use a frontend like Emulaunch, you can edit EMUlaunch-mame.xml with a text editor and change the game names that way, which will only affect the way the game names are displayed in Emulaunch, not in Mame OS X. Emulaunch is cool.

O
OP Offline
O
Great! It is for use with Emulaunch indeed. I don't want to have my cousins deal with Bootleg, Jap etc. I will try it directly. Thanks.
Can you also remove certain titles?

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (MAMEBase, 1 invisible), 31 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,113
Posts119,448
Members5,024
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com