Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43354 08/01/08 03:15 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Please forgive this as I'm pretty sure it is simple, but i can;t seem to get it to work. How can I get a game list of cart for a system to appear in the picker list. I can load them and run them, but am unable to see the directories in the picker. Thanks for any help.

H
H
I am a little confused by what you said. It sounds like you can run individual software using the picker but can't see the directory list. If that is the case you need to set the default software directory.

In one of the menus there is a Directories option, then select software from pulldown menu and add the folder that you have your files in.

If you have all the system folders named the same as the systems you just have to do this once. a2600, snes, nes etc...inside your "software" folder

that what you needed?

ht1848 #43369 08/01/08 08:15 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Thats what i thought would work also, but for me nothing. I set that directory and the list doesn;t populate. However once i load a rom from that directory it then populates to the picker and stays. Is there a way to get the whole list there from the directory.

Thanks

F
F
Create a directory under mess with your system and put your roms there for example:

mess\software\a2600
for Atari 2600

or
mess\software\coleco
for colecovision

also check for the extension of the roms a few times i have to rename, lets say, .bin for .int. To see what extension are supported you could go to the tab "Device View", click in "..." click mount and in the "Files of type:" see what extensions support.
also from the command line you could run:

mess a2600 -listdevices

for the Atari 2600 and see what kind of roms and extensions support.

I hope this helps you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (mixmaster, R. Belmont, 2 invisible), 27 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,973
Posts117,882
Members5,001
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com