Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Nestopia and FDS Roms [Re: blargg] #44392 09/04/08 02:57 PM
R
r0ni Offline
R
Simply put, the fds bios goes in this directory:
/Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Bannister/Nestopia/BIOS ROMs/disksys.rom

Open a Finder window, click on your little house icon with your name next to it, and navigate through 'Library', 'Application Support', etc.. until you get to 'BIOS ROMs', and put your disksys.rom file in there.

It must be named disksys.rom and not anything else.

SDLMAME OSX Intel Builds: http://sdlmame.lngn.net/
Re: Nestopia and FDS Roms [Re: Oliver Surpless] #44519 09/07/08 03:46 AM
O
Oliver Surpless Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I don't doubt it is that simple..

Can you tell me how your hard drive is set up? Is everything for the emulator, FDS Roms, the Bios file, application support all on a single drive?

Given my lack of progress despite the apparent ease of FDS operation, it must be something stupidly simple.

So I want to duplicate your working FDS conditions exactly. Could you describe the emulator's layout, rOni?

Re: Nestopia and FDS Roms [Re: Oliver Surpless] #44520 09/07/08 03:52 AM
O
Oliver Surpless Offline OP
OP Offline
O
ok, FDS roms suddenly started working, guess the issue resolved itself.

It is both great and annoying when that happens. Oh well, thanks for the patience, guys and I hope the problems doesn't reappear.

Re: Nestopia and FDS Roms [Re: Oliver Surpless] #45296 10/03/08 09:43 PM
16shot Offline
All new here, hi everyone!

Oliver, out of curiosity, where did you end up copying disksys.rom for the fds images to actually work?

You're not alone, i've been having the exact same problem over here on mac osx, with all files at the right places (pretty straightforward really...) Still .fds images show up greyed out, making them impossible to open...

Thanks a lot for your suggestions smile

Re: Nestopia and FDS Roms [Re: 16shot] #45451 10/10/08 03:52 AM
K
Kizul Emeraldfir Offline
K
If the Windows and Mac versions of NESTopia aren't too much different, couldn't you just go to Machine > External > Disk System > Options… and click on the 'Browse' button to look for the BIOS? That's how I got FDS to work. <.<

Re: Nestopia and FDS Roms [Re: r0ni] #46642 12/04/08 02:27 AM
P
Paintblock Offline
P
Thank you so much, nothing else was working. I got the disksys.rom file by googling it (It wasn't to hard to find), my guess is something that was disksys.nes can't simply be renamed disksys.rom and be expected to work.

Anyways, the instructions on the error were to put it in "~/Library/Application Support/Bannister/Nestopica/BIOS ROMs/disksys.rom" That didn't work. But putting it /Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Bannister/Nestopia/BIOS ROMs/disksys.rom did.

Yes, it really was that simple.

Re: Nestopia and FDS Roms [Re: Paintblock] #46703 12/06/08 07:15 PM
blargg Offline
Quote:
Anyways, the instructions on the error were to put it in "~/Library/Application Support/Bannister/Nestopica/BIOS ROMs/disksys.rom" That didn't work. But putting it /Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Bannister/Nestopia/BIOS ROMs/disksys.rom did.

How about "~/Library/Application Support/Bannister/Nestopia/BIOS ROMs/disksys.rom" (note that Nestopia is spelled correctly, as opposed to "Nestopica")? ~ is a shorter way of specifying /Users/<your user name> to the command-line shell.

Re: Nestopia and FDS Roms [Re: blargg] #46947 12/18/08 04:28 AM
M
monosaturated Offline
M
I know this has been brought up numerous times here, but I just can't seem to get Nestopia to play any .fds ROMs. I've done exactly what was recommended and still can't get it to play any of the files. I've downloaded the disksys.rom, moved it to the BIOS ROMs folder in Bannister, all within the library (I've omitted a few folders in this description for the sake of not getting annoying and because we all know what folders those are). Is there anything that I'm missing? Some exact way of moving it into the folder BIOS ROMs that I may have fudged up? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again smile

Re: Nestopia and FDS Roms [Re: monosaturated] #46964 12/19/08 05:21 AM
blargg Offline
monosaturated, if you open the terminal and copy-and-paste the following command and hit return, what gets listed? (sorry to anyone who tried the paths in previous messages; I see now that ~ isn't expanded when single/double-quoted)

ls ~/Library/Application\ Support/Bannister/Nestopia/BIOS\ ROMs

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Marty, R. Belmont 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 124 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,693
Posts114,261
Members4,865
Most Online510
Aug 26th, 2019