Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
i got this madcatz gamepad at the apple store. works everywhere but in the actual games. i have set the inputs in the tab menus.

i even used "USB overdrive" to global for all apps.

the Mame OS X UI responds to the gamepad, but in the actual game, i can only use keyboard. ive tried to toggle the multiple keyboards and joystick settings to no avail. not sure why the games dont respond.

M
M
Disable usb overdrive for Mame it screws it up. smile

F
OP Offline
F
thanks for the advice. i will go back and try removing USB overdrive and fooling with it some more. but, Mame OS X was the reason i got USB overdrive, since i couldn't get it to work at all prior.

It might help to indicate what games you're trying to play and which controls you're trying to use (d-pad, stick, etc.)

Sean Aaron
F
OP Offline
F
thanks, street fighter iii, and alien v predator were my 2 first games i tried. i found i was able to get some success after disabling USB overdrive. most buttons on the game pad work, but the "Hat switch" plus sign looking directional control does not. i can live without it since it also has the bigger control knob. but i want the plus sign thing for the old nintendo feel.

Your best bet would be to log it as a bug on the official bug reporting page (check the docs for the location, I don't recall it). The dev doesn't have access to all controllers, so it's possible the d-pad is sending out a different signal than Hat Switch. Then again, I've had problems with the d-pads on Logitech gamepads not hitting true direction easily and have adapted to using the control stick for games.

The reality is that computer joypads are just rubbish for some reason. I use a Playstation dual analogue controller via a USB adapter; it's a million times better than any computer USB pad I've laid hands on.

Also what kind of Mac are you using? Do you have any extra USB input devices attached, i.e., multiple mice/keyboards? If so it might be worthwhile disconnecting those. There have been interference issues in the past.

Sean Aaron

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Olivier Galibert), 45 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,837
Posts116,231
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020