Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Gucek Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Here's updated package of pictures for your viewing pleasure. grin
http://rapidshare.com/files/156802358/snap_for_MESS_v0.128.zip
Almost 60 new pictures added for MESS v0.128, but some exotic systems were (almost?) impossible to find. At least I couldn't at this moment. Any help will be greatly appreciated. smile

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Thanks! smile

R
R
Originally Posted By Gucek
Here's updated package of pictures for your viewing pleasure. grin
http://rapidshare.com/files/156802358/snap_for_MESS_v0.128.zip
Almost 60 new pictures added for MESS v0.128, but some exotic systems were (almost?) impossible to find. At least I couldn't at this moment. Any help will be greatly appreciated. smile

Do you keep a list of the missing system snaps somewhere? I'll be glad to help if I can.

C
C
Thank you!
I love this snaps!

T
T
Love the snaps!

But your C16 snap is wrong ... although the C16hun is correct ... because the U.S. version re-used the familiar VIC20 / C64 case design, but in a dark charcoal color. I was fortunate enough to own one at the time for only $99 ... I recently bought the Commodore Plus/4 from ebay, which is the casing you have as C16.

I don't know what a c16c is, but you have it shown as using a C264 casing.

A
AWJ Offline
A
Heh, I also own a North American C16. My dad bought one from Canadian Tire, along with a bunch of Mastertronic games on cassette, when I was in elementary school. One of those games never worked properly, which greatly puzzled us (and the Canadian Tire employees who had to apologize to all the customers who had bought it) Only much later did I realize that the game must have been incompatible with NTSC video timing (it was a Pole Position-style racing game, which presumably used raster effects)

My dad actually hacked our C16's BIOS (he had access to an EPROM burner at work) in order to use a non-Commodore printer via a homemade adaptor (the C16 lacked the "user port" that other 8-bit Commodore machines had, so there was no official way to do this) Later, he also disassembled one of our games (not the nonworking one) using the C16's built-in machine language monitor, printing out the disassembly on reams and reams of dot-matrix paper.

Later on, in high school, I acquired a big stash of C16 games from a friend who had lived in England; about half of those games didn't work either, presumably for the same reason as the racing game (or the cassettes might just have gone bad)

C
C
My first computer was a PAL C16. It was in the dark gray VIC style casing.

T
T
Nice job with the snaps. Something I noticed though is the snap for a7800 is the European version, not the North American style console.

-Trebor

G
Gucek Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks for all the comments!

@robcfg: I don't have a precise list at the moment, but AFAIR you could check some clones for MSX, MSX2, ZX Spectrum and basically everything else added to la(te)st MESS.

@The Flying Ape: You are right. But Everything in that area WAS ok some time ago. But the names and/or clone-parent relationships were changed in the meantime, so I will have to correct filenames to make it proper again... Thanks for pointing this out!

@Trebor: Basically I try to respect PAL/NTSC (or rather US/Eu/Jp/etc.) difference, but this is not always the case. Sometimes I just show diferent case versions - just to show them - like C128. Or when I'm simply not sure. So... ehm... what IS the difference in A7800 case? Will be happy to correct it if you point me in right direction... smile

BTW - I just tried to go through CBM line - unfortunately it's a bit of a... you know what. wink
I think that those localized clones may become just BIOS selections at some point, so I'm not cloning exactly same pictures for them (at the moment). Any comments regarding this?

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By Gucek
I think that those localized clones may become just BIOS selections at some point, so I'm not cloning exactly same pictures for them (at the moment). Any comments regarding this?

yes, those localized versions would already be bios options if there would be a way to change keyboard 'on the fly'

atm, it's not possible therefore they stay separated.

similarly, systems which only differs for the floppy drive (mainly c16 & vic20 clones) will be merged [1] when we will be able to add/remove devices on the fly

similarly a few other clones may disappear as it had happened to mmf9000 (now merged to the sp9000): e.g. some clones in cbmb.c are waiting for some confirmed info

[1] at the end we will only have c16, c116, plus4, vic20 (ntsc & pal separated), vic20cr (ntsc & pal separated) and maybe vc20

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (nerd4gw), 22 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,113
Posts119,448
Members5,024
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com