Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Stiletto #52942 08/20/09 09:17 PM
T
T
The Be machine hardware documentation, September 16 1993.

http://perso.hirlimann.net/~ludo/beos/hobbitdoc/

Tomas K #52955 08/21/09 01:40 AM
S
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
S
No CPU documentation, though.

Still, thanks, it will come in handy.

R. Belmont #53015 08/23/09 03:01 PM
C
casm Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
One of those temporary file hosting sites (sendspace, megaupload, there's literally dozens) would work. I don't know what the copyright situation is with BeOS but presumably it'd be illegal to just post links here, so just PM a couple of us the links.

*Facepalm* So obvious I should've just gone that route in the first place. OK, give me a couple of days and I'll get what I've got somewhere it can be downloaded from. Need to re-dig it out of storage and reimage, so it may be a few.

casm #97164 11/30/14 09:54 AM
C
casm Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hrm. I've clearly been lacking on the followup front here.

http://www.bebox.nu is gone, and with it the Hobbit Bebox disk image that I sent over there. I wish I still had a surviving copy of that image; from what I recall, it was from the one Hobbit BeBox that I sold.

Anyway, I'm going to have to move my storage unit on the other side of the country back over to the side that I'm now on in (I hope, God do I hope) the New Year. This will bring both the remaining Hobbit and PPC 133 BeBoxes back into my immediate possession.

These are both platforms that I would still absolutely love to see added to MESS, and am still more than willing to assist with adding them. Now that I live somewhere not as remote as when I first extended the offer, this is more doable - but I still have to get them out here, and they still have to survive the trip.

So, on to the big question: what is needed from me (if anything) to make this possible? I really want to see these machines preserved.

Moving the hardware more than is necessary isn't huge on my list of priorities, but if there's anyone in the L.A. area who can assist with the process (assuming that I finally have my act together; this really is a game of Jenga), I will be more than happy to make the hardware available.

casm #97169 11/30/14 01:19 PM
A
A
i think the images you are looking for are not lost. They are here.

http://www.ict.csiro.au/staff/andrew.lampert/bebox/hobbit/images/

Found them with the help of archive.org

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Vas Crabb), 20 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,086
Posts119,088
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com