Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55668 10/27/09 12:42 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hello, friends!
I saw in some topics that many people could play some DOS games using the "PC/AT(VGA)" system.
But for the long i know, the HD don't work properly yet, or don't could be mounted in recent versions...
It's possible to run these games simple booting the dos disk in one of the virtual floppy drivers and putting the another floppy with the game to run?
Or i will need a virtual HD, created externally to install?
Thanks!

Last edited by Christina; 10/27/09 12:43 PM.
Yes, a looooooong time ago the ATVGA driver was working with CHD images but later, a couple of changes have broken it.
Now it seems that Miodrag has managed to fix the bus width issues and it's partially working but, as you can see, without proper CHD emulation.

However, if you want to play CGA/booter games, you can use IBM5160 (pcxt) instead. For booter games, you can mount the .dsk file straight and boot the machine to play but for regular games, you'll have to have a CHD image containing MS-DOS + game files. If you don't have a clue on how to do that, I can provide one CHD with preinstalled DOS, just let me know.

Last edited by RColtrane; 10/27/09 01:17 PM.
A
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
A
The harddisk emulation for all PC drivers is broken since the version 0.132 und after the DMA device fix.

Maybe Micko will fix it.

Last edited by Anna Wu; 10/27/09 01:28 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Augusto), 24 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,241
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com