Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#57093 12/15/09 01:54 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I can't get this rom to work, it displays

"operation of this cartidge is disallowed in this country"

I have the .bios file stvbios.zip, but I can't right click it (or the game) to change country like on MAME32. any solutions for this? does anyone have a working Die Hard Arcade rom?

any help greatly appreciated!

S
S
Are you using MAME OS X 0.135?

I heard a lot of people having trouble with this, but I got it to run on my first try.

I guess just make sure you have the current version romsets. Everything needs to be the 0.135 romset, bios and the game itself.

However I wouldn't go too far out of my way to make this run just yet... it'll only run at about 20% speed until Dave re-enables the DRC's. frown

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
SDLMAME always has the DRCs enabled and is updated immediately when there's a new Windows baseline ;-)

For Die Hard, you have to use the US BIOS. I don't know how that's selected in MAME OS X.

Last edited by R. Belmont; 12/15/09 02:10 AM.
M
OP Offline
M
so there is no way to select which Bios file to use, other than dropping a zipped Bios file in the Roms directory??

thats almost too hard to believe...there has to be a way to get Die Hard Arcade to at least run (even if it is at 20% haha)

I'm using version 0.124...I was afraid of 0.135, thanks for confirming that SmaMan!

M
OP Offline
M
anyone know where I could find dynamite deka? or even just what the correct size for the parent rom should be?

I'm finding dynamite deka @ only 260 kb large and thats waay too small for a game

hopefully this will confirm whether my bios is Japanese or European

M
OP Offline
M
its okay I've figured it out,

Dynamite Deka is the Japanese port of DHA, which needs both the stvbios.zip & diehard.zip in the Roms folder for this to work, apart from the sound its running perfectly!

very happy now, thanks everyone!!

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
FWIW, all other versions of MAME have a BIOS region selector - all of the regions are in stvbios.zip, you just need to pick which one. I just don't know how you do that in MAME OS X.

S
S
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
SDLMAME always has the DRCs enabled and is updated immediately when there's a new Windows baseline ;-)

Y'know, I might just have to make the switch. I've used SDLMAME on the Wii, which works pretty well considering the limitations.

S
S
Well, I've successfully made the switch to SDLMAME! Can't believe I haven't done this sooner!
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
FWIW, all other versions of MAME have a BIOS region selector - all of the regions are in stvbios.zip, you just need to pick which one. I just don't know how you do that in MAME OS X.

Just curious, but how do I do that in SDLMAME? I'm using the MAME_Tunes frontend and DHA is working fine, but just in case I ever have to, how would I go about changing the bios region?

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
set "bios us" in mame.ini, or start sdlmame with -bios us

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Pernod, 2 invisible), 24 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,249
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com