Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
A
Stiletto, you have a PM. smile

S
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
S
Thanks Anna! There's no reason not to share that publicly.

It's been mirrored a few places too, but the first place I saw it was there as well:
ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/m/mzenier/GI-Games-1978.pdf

M
mellery Offline OP
OP Offline
M
rats, was hoping it was the same book

G
G
I don't want to sound ungrateful, but since this is somewhat rare, would it be possible to do a better job? It's kind of a shame to see the middle part blurry. If the book is expendable it'd be better to separate the pages from the spine and scan them flat.
I bought a scanner with ADF some years ago just for doing that for pinball manuals (~250 of them). It can scan a 300 page manual in about 10 minutes without touching the pages and I use some special scanning software that auto-creates pdfs.
I'd be happy to scan the whole thing and pdf it if you wanted to send it out here.

A
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
A
Originally Posted By Guru
I don't want to sound ungrateful, but since this is somewhat rare, would it be possible to do a better job? It's kind of a shame to see the middle part blurry. If the book is expendable it'd be better to separate the pages from the spine and scan them flat.
I bought a scanner with ADF some years ago just for doing that for pinball manuals (~250 of them). It can scan a 300 page manual in about 10 minutes without touching the pages and I use some special scanning software that auto-creates pdfs.
I'd be happy to scan the whole thing and pdf it if you wanted to send it out here.

It seems, Amazon has some used books.

M
mellery Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Buying a copy from Amazon looks like your best bet then. I'm not removing the books spine.

Originally Posted By mellery
Buying a copy from Amazon looks like your best bet then. I'm not removing the books spine.

I hate damaging books too, so I built a dual-camera book scanner instead.

The TV is for the video output of both cameras so I can turn off the LCD's to save power and I don't have to crane my neck around when I want to focus.

It's mostly finished I just need to solder the switch but the holidays and overtime got in my way.

S
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
S
You are my new best friend. I can't wait to see how this turns out. (Your next trick - build something to turn the pages... wink )

S
S
Haha, how cool is that!

I'm not sure what kind of scanner you're using, but why not try turning the whole page sideways? you should be able to get a good image and not be bending the spine if you let a bit of the book hang off the side of the scanner. i'm not saying dangle it over the edge of a table or anything, just see if you can get better penetration that way.

Consoles: Odyssey2; NES; VIC-20; Intellivison (broken); Atari 2600; PS2; GB Pocket; GBA
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (MrBogi), 21 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,102
Posts119,263
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com