Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 67 of 120 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 119 120
J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Originally Posted By incog
Just finished the Atari 5200 softlist, I was going to start a 7800 list but all the dumps I can locate are all odd sizes, probably some gross headers. Anybody know the deal with 7800 roms?

Just strip off the first 128 bytes; that's the header.

The text "ACTUAL CART DATA STARTS HERE" in the header was a useful hint wink

M
M
I actually started working on a 7800 list a while ago but never finished it. One thing to note is that quite a few of the ROMs for 7800 protos have been tweaked to make them work and are not original dumps.

Mitch

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By Kaylee
@etabeta you've got mail

whenever you write me, a flashy message appear at the top of the forum next time I login. it's done in purpose and it works perfectly.
hence, please STOP posting here every time you send me a PM: you're just spamming the thread...

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Kaylee being an annoying poster? Why, I never!

Originally Posted By judge
Originally Posted By incog
Just finished the Atari 5200 softlist, I was going to start a 7800 list but all the dumps I can locate are all odd sizes, probably some gross headers. Anybody know the deal with 7800 roms?

Just strip off the first 128 bytes; that's the header.

The text "ACTUAL CART DATA STARTS HERE" in the header was a useful hint wink

Haha, now I feel stupid for not even checking them out. Thankfully I was directed to an archive of headerless dumps and I'm now creating a softlist, though I doubt any of them will load.

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Maybe you can try using some of the information on dan boris' page to at least tell which kind of cartridge pcb they oughta be using.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
yup! a good <feature name="cart_type" value="xxxxx"/> would do wonders to make easier loading them later in the driver...

Hi

I would like to know.

I would like to do the Einstein TC-01 xml file.

It uses floppydisk and would I use the following
<part name="flop1" interface="einstein_flop">

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
floppy lists are still under discussion, so please wait until Micko adds one of two working samples wink

EDIT: also, a couple of guidelines:
- put multi-disk games inside a single <software> entry of the list, as separate <part>s (this might change later, but it is the current plan). same goes for different sides of a tape
- avoid multigame compilations (especially when they are homemade, coverdisks might be eventually added, still to be decided)
- when you have several alt versions (say 5-10 alt vers) of a same game from a same publisher, which are not different revisions, maybe try to play the game itself to see if you can spot differences: the goal is to find the best copy available with these format, not to include every single bit variation which could be due to ruined media...

EDIT2: the "flop_interface" part is fine, for the "flop1" (and on) wait for micko's example / instructions before sending the list smile

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
For interface, I'd prefer to see something about floppy dimensions in there. Things like 'floppy_3.5', 'floppy_3', 'floppy_8', etc with the driver disk drive settings also updated to reflect the kind of floppy the drive supports.

Page 67 of 120 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 119 120

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
5 members (Revenant, R. Belmont, MAMEBase, MilanSK, 1 invisible), 24 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,249
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com