Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
So, I have a near-complete (if not complete) NES Romset, and I know every Rom works, as I used to play them all the time with Nestopia on my various macs (currently they are all at 1.4.1) yet, if I try to use them with ANYTHING else (most importantly Nestopia on my new Netbook, which is my main computer), I get an "Invalid File" error. Does anybody have any sort of idea of what is causing this, and how I may fix it?

H
H
are the roms compressed or not?

Last edited by HMclocker; 01/25/10 10:09 AM.
C
OP Offline
C
I had them compressed in a .Zip archive to move them, but have the original files on my Mac, still untouched, and those also refuse to work.

W
W
hmm i have the same problem. both zipped and unzipped roms are shown as "invalid file".

M
M
What dat file are you using to verify your ROMs? And since you have had this problem, have your rescanned?

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
they could be headerless roms, and in this case they cannot be used in any emu...

I think GoodNES can add back the proper headers (for sure it can fix it), but I never tried it on headerless files

Moderated by  Marty, R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (r09), 36 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,836
Posts116,222
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020