Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
W
I see this issue started somewhere between MESS 0.133 and 0.134. The C64 related entries in the whatsnew.txt for 0.134 were:

- [C64/C128] Implemented new VIC II core [Christian Bauer, Roberto Zandona']
- [C64/C128] Fixed TAD in CIA6526 [Roberto Zandona']
- [C64] Implemented some cart type [Fabio Priuli, Roberto Zandona']

I'm not sure how I could narrow it down to a particular SVN update. Does Bobz keep an archive of his daily builds somewhere?

L
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
L
If you can set up a local svn repository and build toolchain, you can roll back to specific svn revisions. Every rollback requires a clean build tho, which means it can take a while, butfinding a specific svn commit for a problem drastically increases its chances of being fixed.

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
if regression happened in that development cycle, it's 99% related to the new VIC code. I'll poke robiza to know if he's aware of the problem

Originally Posted By Lord Nightmare
Every rollback requires a clean build tho

well, usually a clean build is only mandatory if there has been a MAME update compared to the previous compile. otherwise, a non-clean compile might well work: e.g. if you rollback to rev.x and clean compile it, then you can expect to successfully compile rev x + 1, x + 2 etc. without removing obj, unless the source has been updated to a new MAME version or some big change has occurred to the include file...

R
R
i'm aware of the problem
yet i'm not sure when the real hardware start the border

for the demos try to turn on in the menu configuration the hack for vicii timing

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By Waremonger
I was able to get all three demos to work perfectly for me under WinVice v2.1 and CCS64 v3.7. You have to make sure you have the system in PAL mode (VICE: Options > Video Standard > PAL-G) as they will not work under NTSC (as with a lot of C64 demos).

That helped a great deal. I was trying NTSC. No wonder x64 defaults to PAL.

C
C
Originally Posted By Waremonger
Edge of Disgrace would have probably also worked except that when you have to switch disks the emulated C64 doesn't realize the disks have been swapped.

Disk 0 and 1a have the same disk ID, and the code is looking for a different disk ID. The per-sector disk IDs are missing from a D64 file, so frankly I don't understand how VICE can run this without a demo-specific hack.

Last edited by Curt Coder; 03/17/10 07:59 AM.
C
C
Ok, "Edge of Disgrace" now loads in the latest svn. Turns out it was bug in my C1541 emulation, disk changes were not handled properly.

Anyway the graphics are totally messed up in the demo...

W
W
Nice! Thanks Curt.

I've tried running Microsoft Multiplan (heh, C64 is not just for games! wink ) but it hangs during loading (see bug #1932)... the disk image doesn't look like it's protected - could the protection scheme rely on disk drive timings? I tried both c64 and c64pal, but no success.

JoJo
C
C
Originally Posted By JoJo
I've tried running Microsoft Multiplan (heh, C64 is not just for games! wink ) but it hangs during loading (see bug #1932)... the disk image doesn't look like it's protected - could the protection scheme rely on disk drive timings? I tried both c64 and c64pal, but no success.

It was checking for error 23 on T1S1, now it is working in latest svn smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,993
Posts118,153
Members5,005
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com