Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Yes, because I totally said you should collapse everything into a forest of strawmen.

You're close to an optimal organization as-is given the functionality of the RDP, which is why I boggle that you apparently want to break it down more.

J
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
J
I don't want to break it down more, I'd just prefer to have more sensible file names, and a subdirectory would allow that. While I'm largely the only person who works on the N64 driver, I'd still prefer texrect.c over rdptrect.c, or fillrect.c over rdpfrect.c.

As for strawmen, are you saying that there are too many files or that things are fine the way they are? If the former, then my objection stands with as much vehemence; if the latter, then why would you say there are too many files?

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
I think it's close to fine as is, although tpipe and fetch arguably could both go into a rdptex.c since they're small classes and part of the same functional block.

J
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
J
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
I think it's close to fine as is, although tpipe and fetch arguably could both go into a rdptex.c since they're small classes and part of the same functional block.

They're part of the texture pipeline in general, but it's closer to the chip's conceptual structure in the eyes of the company that made it. smile

H
H
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
It's real simple: everything involved in a system's video emulation that isn't a CPU goes in video/ and everything involved in audio that isn't a CPU goes in audio/. For the N64, the RDP and VI both go in video/ and the AI would go in audio/ if it weren't about 50 lines of code.

I was just questioning how a component is classed as a CPU, audio or video. Is a generic DSP being used as a sound coprocessor in one system, but for graphics T&L in another, better classified as a sound, a video or a processor? I'm not trying to change things, only to understand them. If I submit any code to assist in restructuring conceptual organization, I'd like for that concept to be the same as the MAME / MESS projects' concept. If the verdict here is to keep it in video/, I have no issue with complying.

J
J
If its a processor of any kind (including a DSP) its core goes into CPU.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By Just Desserts
Edit: I've said it before and I'll say it again: All of you need to get the hell off my case with regard to how I write my drivers. Pay my salary if you want to dictate how I write my code, but if you don't feel like doing that, fuck off.

ehi man, cool down wink

I must have missed when "stating my own opinion" became "dictating how you should write your code"...

is this your idea of a constructive discussion?

EDIT: ok, I had missed page 3 of the thread... anyway, your first reaction was definitely excessive, imho

Last edited by etabeta78; 04/15/10 06:21 AM.
J
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
J
Edit: Not worth it

A
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
A
Knockin' on 32-bit Windows Door. smile

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
here 32bit was working, after the drc had been disabled

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 54 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,879
Posts116,775
Members4,958
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com