Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Is there a correct way to do cassette to wave conversion in MESS? There is mentions of legacy code, how can I avoid writing that?

M
M
Take a look at orao_cas.c it is done for quite simple tape format. It skips it's header and replaces each bit of data from file with a proper sequence of 1 and 0 in wave output.

Originally Posted By Curt Coder
Is there a correct way to do cassette to wave conversion in MESS? There is mentions of legacy code, how can I avoid writing that?

coco_cas.c and sord_cas.c provide an example about how to implement the non-legacy code. The new code was written by Nathan IIRC, and looks like it's more abstracted from the machine's details, which I think it's a plus.

Eventually, a decision should be made about which code to keep and which discard - however the situation at present doesn't look so bad, if we compare it to the floppy code before rewrite... wink

JoJo
C
OP Offline
C
I'm voting for the new code already smile It looks very clean compared to the legacy. Didn't get it quite working yet, maybe tomorrow.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,993
Posts118,153
Members5,005
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com