Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sound randomly de-syncs from video??? #64588 09/20/10 12:41 AM
S
Samurai Fox Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Every now and then, the sound seems to de-sync from the video in any version of Nestopia. Is there a fix for this? Other NES emulators I've used before do not have issues like this but I prefer to use Nestopia since it doesn't have input lag like the others. Also, I've tried every option on the emulator but the problem still persists.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited by Samurai Fox; 09/20/10 12:44 AM.
Re: Sound randomly de-syncs from video??? [Re: Samurai Fox] #64614 09/22/10 06:11 PM
S
Sessh Offline
S
I noticed this too, but not with every game. It does it with Metal Gear, or rather, did it with Metal Gear. In this instance, the game seemed to be emulating too slow and you can tell by the music. It was just a tad slower than it should be which caused the audio to slowly and gradually lag behind the video (audio playing too late). It wouldn't get horribly bad, but definitely noticeable. Then all of a sudden, there would be a hiccup in the audio and the sync would be perfect again and would stay that way most of the time.

I found that messing with the emulation speed, then putting it back to default fixed the problem and also makes the game play closer to normal speed. Nestopia still can't handle recording it, though.

Moderated by  Marty, R. Belmont 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Vas Crabb, MAMEBase, AJR, 1 invisible), 119 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,751
Posts115,013
Members4,884
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020