2.) To add multiple paths for the rompath in MESS.ini

Ahh OK yes to add extra folders.... yes smile

S
Saturn Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By Anna Wu
Originally Posted By Saturn
Well I only put the two files in there. Then I tried to load up some ROMs and got the same error message.

I guess, MESS can not find the path for the ROM folder.
In this case I mean the Bios ROMs and not the game ROMs.

Example:
The path for the jaguar.zip file with the content jagboot.rom and jagwave.rom is:
C:\Emulator\Mess\ROM\jaguar.zip

The MESS.ini should have following entry:
rompath "C:\Emulator\Mess\ROM"

You can audit the ROM set with MESSUI (click on right mouse button) or from command line:
mess -verifyroms jaguar

As I said, if MESS can not find the ROM (folder) then open your mess.ini and set or correct your ROM path. Copy the mess.ini file to the ini folder. Delete the old ini\jaguar.ini file and try running the jaguar driver again.

I edited mess.ini

But you said something about messui, I'm confused?

A
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
A
Quote:
I edited mess.ini

and what is the result ?

Quote:
But you said something about messui, I'm confused?

why ?

Originally Posted By Anna Wu
You can audit the ROM set with MESSUI (click on right mouse button) or from command line:
mess -verifyroms jaguar

Well, maybe you can help me - I downloaded the latest three files on the main site, and everyone keeps talking about this mess.ini file. WHERE is it in the new file, or am I looking in the wrong place?? Any help would be nice, and I already know how to use a lot of emulators, like SNES and all - it's just this one mess.ini I am having a lot of grief at finding. Thanks all!

Amelia_Leighanne/Dark_Pantherian
J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
mess -cc

Edit: The above assumes you know what a "command line" is.

On my end, I have F:\Games\ROM\M.E.S.S\ with artwork, cfg, docs, hash, and src as the folders, plus mess.exe, messppe.exe, messui.exe, messuippe.exe, mess.chm, empty.ini, sysinfo.dat, svn.info as the 'loose files' in that one folder. Where do I go from there? After I first downloaded the program, I clicked on mess.exe, and it said I had to have the ini file. I don't know where it is.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
you need to go to the command prompt, which i'm guessing, you have never heard of.

If you don't know how to get there, click on Start, Run
Type in cmd
Press enter. You get a black box with some white writing.
Type in F: (press enter)
Type in cd \games\rom\m.e.s.s. (press enter)
Type in mess -cc (press enter)
Type in exit (press enter)

Now you have a mess.ini

Ok, last question, I hope, which by the way, thanks for that help. *smiles* I have ROMs for Atari 2600, Gameboy, Gamecube, Gamegear, Genesis, N64, NDS, NES, Playstation, and SNES. What do I do, move the roms of each to a Rom folder in Mess, or how do I do that? I'm sorry for being a pest about all of this...Also, what would the path be on the ici file?

O
O
Originally Posted By A_L/D_P
Ok, last question, I hope, which by the way, thanks for that help. *smiles* I have ROMs for Atari 2600, Gameboy, Gamecube, Gamegear, Genesis, N64, NDS, NES, Playstation, and SNES. What do I do, move the roms of each to a Rom folder in Mess, or how do I do that? I'm sorry for being a pest about all of this...Also, what would the path be on the ici file?

Two things.

1. MESS does not support the Gamecube or the DS. I don't know about the PSX support, I don't use it(I mainly read this board for technical info and a general interest in seeing an emulator be developed).

2. Games/programs/etc copied off of disc-based systems are called ISOs. >_>

Well, these are the games, and NDS shows up like .nds and as far as I know, none show up as a .iso file. I'm reffering more to the path listed inside the .ini file for the Roms - how would I do that?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,072
Posts118,947
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com