Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
OP Offline
S
OK...whenever I try to run the CD-i Part of the Emulator, it just doesn't work. Using mess.exe, it just won't start, giving me the whole "One or required images are missing" crap, and if I run it from MESSUI.exe, it starts, but it just hangs at the light blue screen. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you. smile

Here is a guide to setup mess: http://easyemu.mameworld.info/messguide/mess-guide.html

First-of the error says most probably you need Bios files for the system, thus for the CD-i, you need it'd bios files. And we don't give it here. Google's your friend for that.

S
OP Offline
S
I have the BIOS Files, but I'll read that guide. Thanks. smile If it doesn't work, I'll reply here again.

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
The blue startup screen takes a while to go away, and will take much longer if you aren't getting 100% speed. Also, only one of the CD-i models actually works (cdimono1 I think it's called).

S
OP Offline
S
Oh my god, I could hug you! After I increased the speed to 3.00 in the properties, it worked! Thank you SOOOOO much! laugh If I continue to experience problems, I'll definitely come back here first! Now if only I could get my CHD files to work. Perhaps I converted them wrong?

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Eh, I can't really guarantee that any given game will work in MESS. The emulation is based around information disseminated to me indirectly about black-boxed emulation of the two major microcontrollers on the Mono-I motherboards (CDIC and SLAVE).

Realistically, we need to obtain a CD-i console that was based around the CDIC and SLAVE chips, which are 68HC05 microcontrollers with on-board ROM. We have one that was based on some other combo of support hardware, but not only is the baseline 68k SoC guaranteed to have the same capabilities as the Mono-I board that I emulated in MESS, I would rather drive spikes through my eyes than try to emulate the DSP56k that's part of the console we currently have dumped.

S
OP Offline
S
I saw a Video on Youtube of Zelda's Adventure working in MESS, but I can't seem to get my ripped copy to start. Once again, it hangs at the light blue screen.

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
If you aren't getting to at least the boot screen where you click on Play to start the game, it's not the CHD's fault.

S
OP Offline
S
I'm getting to the boot screen, just not past it. I guess I should have mentioned that.

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
You are clicking on "Play" to start the game then?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Vas Crabb), 38 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,086
Posts119,088
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com