Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
that's expected behavior, the driver isn't 100% functional yet.

Some games work better than others.

Things like Dimo's Quest seem fully playable, others have issues as you observe.

Needs some chips decapping to improve the emulation with any level of confidence.

L
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
L
The chips are at dr. decap's place now, waiting to hear from him.

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
speaking of decaps.. it would be good to get some more early Data East ones done, afaik they're 'easy' chips (he did a bunch of them before) and in most cases they control significant aspects of the game, which require non-trivial simulations. The Karnov driver, for example, is mostly MCU sim code..

Birdie Try, Kale says there was a pcb sold for $0.01 on ebay a while back, and that doesn't work *entirely* due to the protection, dunno why that wasn't picked up smirk

now back to the scheduled topic ;-)

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Originally Posted By Lord Nightmare

LN

Which is, as I said in the thread earlier, all well and good, but emulating that particular model of CD-i is a horse of a different color and will require a completely new driver to be re-written. Also likely major bugfixes and additions to the DSP56k core currently in MESS, which - again, as stated earlier in the thread - is something I would like to do less than repeatedly punching myself in the dong.

Edit: And also, SuperRedd, why are you so insistent on playing these execrable Zelda games? You'll probably end up wanting to punch yourself in the dong once you play them, too, so why not avoid the pain?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By Just Desserts
Originally Posted By Lord Nightmare

LN

Which is, as I said in the thread earlier, all well and good, but emulating that particular model of CD-i is a horse of a different color and will require a completely new driver to be re-written. Also likely major bugfixes and additions to the DSP56k core currently in MESS, which - again, as stated earlier in the thread - is something I would like to do less than repeatedly punching myself in the dong.

Edit: And also, SuperRedd, why are you so insistent on playing these execrable Zelda games? You'll probably end up wanting to punch yourself in the dong once you play them, too, so why not avoid the pain?

Actually, I've played them before, and I enjoy them, that's why. I even did an LP (Let's Play) of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon a while back.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,086
Posts119,088
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com