Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72250 08/16/11 12:52 AM
D
OP Offline
D
ok, here's my issue. I got Atari 5200 to work but it displays the softwares as "decathln.bin" instead of "Activision Decathlon, The.bin" (actual file name). is there any quick way/program to rename the XML file? This way in mess under Sotware it shows the whole name not a cryptic name.

sorry if this has been covered.

Thanks

steve

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
The software list does have the name set to "The Activision Decathlon". You are going to have to be far more specific about what you're doing to get the wrong results smile

if you're using messui "The Activision Decathlon" is displayed under description instead of name.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
The software list does have the name set to "The Activision Decathlon". You are going to have to be far more specific about what you're doing to get the wrong results smile
my problem is that my file names are the actual name of the game. ie: "the Activision Decathlon.zip" instead of the abreviation "decathln.zip". Mess can't seem to find these games even though i'm pointing it to the right folder, when I change the name to the name that the XML shows as the file name "decathln.zip" the games work.

Originally Posted By B2K24
if you're using messui "The Activision Decathlon" is displayed under description instead of name.
I see that now. Thanks

Last edited by dasaint80; 08/16/11 04:24 AM.
If you don't wish to rename everything to match the XML filenames, you have the option of creating a software directory in root of your MESS path, then you can use Picker tab in messui.

H:\MESS\software\a5200

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,072
Posts118,947
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com