Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
F
Alright. I've been using M1 for a while, and it's great, but as far as I know, it doesn't have the individual channel muting option Knurek mentioned.

Good luck in getting that to work, seriously :shiver:

http://www.system16.com - The Arcade Museum
R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
I'll never understand the stiffy some people get over channel muting. I like to listen to music, but maybe that's an outdated concept ;-)

F
F
Well, I like to make arrangements of video game tunes sometimes, and channel muting makes it easier to pick out individual bits of the original song and transcribe them accurately.

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by felineki:
Well, I like to make arrangements of video game tunes sometimes, and channel muting makes it easier to pick out individual bits of the original song and transcribe them accurately.
That's just what I was tried to do once.. with... something. wink I even DLed things that convert sound to midis, which always turn out crappy. :bemused: But persistence pays off. cool

Dear Mod/Admin, Please let me know why you had to delete this post. Thanks.
K
Knurek Offline OP
OP Offline
K
[Edit] Never mind, figgured that out. Listening to Soul Calibur (in Hoot of course) ATM. Sounds pretty nice, I'll have to, uhh, lift the track data from the M1 playlists for the next Hoot Archive update. smile

Speaking of updates, the site's got updated. More than 200 new games added. Try them out, you should find something for you there. smile

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Yeah, I forgot to tag the C352 with a Hoot-proof license. It's always something.

(ETA: yes, this is a joke)

K
Knurek Offline OP
OP Offline
K
BTW, I've noticed that Hoot M72 driver doesn't load the PCM data M1 does. Is it actually used for the music in some game (I've tried comparing R-Type 2 and they sound mighty similar in M1 and Hoot)?

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
I don't think the songs use the PCM data, it's primarily for f/x on that system.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,132
Posts119,654
Members5,029
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com