Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
A
A
Over the past days I've gradually converted my ~99% complete redump.org PS1 USA set to CHD and put together a very preliminary software list for personal usage. It lacks a lot of information such as release date and publisher, but since I only made it so I could launch games via their shortnames, it's sufficient for me at this point.

I figured that others might find my additions to the PS1 softlist useful once I get everything up to scratch. However, before I go ahead and spend another couple of weeks gathering all the missing information and polishing everything, I'd like to be sure there's even a chance for my list to make it into MAME. Is there any interest in external software list contributions?

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
yes there is, but please include a datfile of the corresponding redump.org bin&cue files you sourced CHD from, so that we can reproduce the CHDs separately (otherwise, if they change the .cue there is the risk we get different CHDs at a later stage making *VERY* difficult to track back where sets have started to diverge)

please contact me via PM if you need any further help about datfiles smile

...and thanks for the interest into the project!

R
r09 Online Content
Online Content
R
Is anyone working on a FM Towns softlist? I was thinking of making one myself, as it's a bit sad that the Towns is still the only "big" Japanese computer without one. But I don't want to step on anyone's toes, of course.

My idea was to use the "Neo Kobe" collection that's going around some places as a starting point, since it basically compiles the best available image for each known piece of software.

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
not to my knowledge, the one that's in there is just a skeleton one I put together to keep Raiden in.

Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By r09
Is anyone working on a FM Towns softlist? I was thinking of making one myself, as it's a bit sad that the Towns is still the only "big" Japanese computer without one. But I don't want to step on anyone's toes, of course.

My idea was to use the "Neo Kobe" collection that's going around some places as a starting point, since it basically compiles the best available image for each known piece of software.

FM Towns Marty softwarelist would be very welcome smile

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it's not that good."
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Ditto, and "Neo Kobe" is an excellent choice of source material from what I've seen of it.

F
F
Not specific to the softlists but semi-related: The Sega Genesis/Mega Drive classics pack on Steam recently updated, and the ROMs are now emulator-friendly. The MAME FAQ has been updated to include details on how to pull these legal ROMs for your own use.

L
L
While not a CD FM Towns list, I have a FM Towns floppy list but I haven't touched it in ages.

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Logan: please submit :-)

K
K
etabeta,

Just sent you a PM with some a800 updates.

k1w1

Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
6 members (Heihachi_73, r09, box, Praxis, 2 invisible), 26 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,086
Posts119,083
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com