Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#90215 08/31/13 10:13 AM
T
Tumtrah Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi,

I am a huge fan of Arcade, CPS2, SEGA, Nintendo. I would like to compile SDLMame on my System MacBook 5.1 running Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Intel Mac).
gcc -version output:

i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5493)

I followed the Intruction from http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=58897#Post58897. Unfortunately I get stuck at step 3 with an compile error
here the Terminal output:

cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
src/mame/drivers/taitotz.c: In member function ‘void taitotz_renderer::draw_scanline(INT32, const poly_manager<float, taitotz_polydata, 6, 50000>::extent_t&, const taitotz_polydata&, int)’:
src/mame/drivers/taitotz.c:897: warning: ‘tex1_shift’ may be used uninitialized in this function
src/mame/drivers/taitotz.c:897: warning: ‘tex0_shift’ may be used uninitialized in this function
make: *** [obj/sdl/mame/drivers/taitotz.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

hope someone can help me out so I can finely get this finished and play some good old games eek

Kind Regards

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Try "make NOWERROR=1" (don't treat warnings as errors) and/or use a newer version of MAME where this is probably fixed...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]

We're searching for QMC2 translators and support for existing translations. Interested? See here!
R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
We support 10.5.x for PowerPC users, but it's really not recommended for Intel.

That said, you should be able to complete the build by adding NOWERROR=1 to the make command line.

T
Tumtrah Offline OP
OP Offline
T
thanks for the fast reply I thought that the 0149s is the latest Version
I will give it a try and post the result

Unfortunately the result is also not good still a compile error
here the output

src/lib/portmidi/osxsupport.m: In function ‘char* FindPrefsDir()’:
src/lib/portmidi/osxsupport.m:23: error: ‘NSPreferencePanesDirectory’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [obj/sdl/lib/portmidi/osxsupport.o] Error 1

Last edited by Tumtrah; 08/31/13 12:08 PM.
P
P
NSPreferencePanesDirectory() isn't included in the 10.5 SDK. If you can't figure out how to hack stuff out until it compiles (and we don't encourage that), you'd best upgrade to 10.6 or later.

T
Tumtrah Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By Phil Bennett
NSPreferencePanesDirectory() isn't included in the 10.5 SDK. If you can't figure out how to hack stuff out until it compiles (and we don't encourage that), you'd best upgrade to 10.6 or later.

I dont´t know what SDK got to do with it but no I can´t figure out how to hack so sadly I GAVE UP it´s not funny anymore.Yes I am not a Hacker and if nobody is willing to help or if the Forum do not encourage HELP it´s fine

thanks for the help

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Hi,

If you upgrade your Mac to OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" or later you will have no trouble getting MAME to work. That is the only solution we can offer, unfortunately, but at least the upgrade is relatively inexpensive (US $29) and it will run faster and more efficiently on Intel machines than 10.5.8.

T
Tumtrah Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
Hi,

If you upgrade your Mac to OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" or later you will have no trouble getting MAME to work. That is the only solution we can offer, unfortunately, but at least the upgrade is relatively inexpensive (US $29) and it will run faster and more efficiently on Intel machines than 10.5.8.

yes but if I just want to check out if there is a way to make it run under 10.5.8 there I can not change the OS and thats my point need MAME under 10.5.8 and it runs know

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Why can't you change the OS? AFAIK the only feature dropped in 10.6 was writing to old Mac OS HFS disk images; Rosetta is still available, and 10.5 never had Classic Mode.

T
Tumtrah Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
Why can't you change the OS? AFAIK the only feature dropped in 10.6 was writing to old Mac OS HFS disk images; Rosetta is still available, and 10.5 never had Classic Mode.

I got 10.6.8 on My Hackintosh use it for Music so I can not play games on a workstation not very clever. So why should I change my system if it´s run perfect except that it could not compile MAME ? no way thats not my style, can not change the system for an app!! ^^ but like I say it´s running I got my goal

"Compiling MAME for IntelMac runnning 10.5.8"

Kind regards

Last edited by Tumtrah; 09/04/13 10:26 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Praxis, 1 invisible), 30 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,973
Posts117,881
Members5,001
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com