Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Mr. Do Offline OP
OP Offline
M
WOW! It's been years since I've found one in working order. Suffice to say, I had a blast.

Even forgot about the cool steering wheel effect when you crash (vibrate and in/out).

Makes we want to install surround speakers on the head of my chair at home now wink

RELAX and just have fun.
Remember, it's all about the games. smile
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Do:
Even forgot about the cool steering wheel effect when you crash (vibrate and in/out).
...and now for my next question. I play this game in MAME daily, almost, save for my DDR on PS2 which also reigns supreme. I have a full Force Feedback racing wheel on my PC...and sadly, MAME does not emulate the force feedback of my favorite racing games. I've seen N64 and PSX emulators get the vibrations down but no avail to any arcade games.

I also remember playing the original Outrun on all three model types (standup, sitdown, deluxe), and the deluxe and standup both had vibration feedback as well (deluxe reacted to corners and spins, standup vibrated like crazy whenever you hit something). I would love to at least feel a bit of that at home in my racing wheel.

Is it possible to emulate force feedback effects in arcade games (more specifically, OutRunners)?

Splash Wave.
Passing Breeze.
Magical Sound Shower.
Any questions?
M
Mr. Do Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Turbo:

Is it possible to emulate force feedback effects in arcade games (more specifically, OutRunners)?
Actually, there's a version of Final Burn that adds force feedback to Outrun (but I personally haven't experienced how it works).

Final Burn FF

RELAX and just have fun.
Remember, it's all about the games. smile
T
T
I got to play the Arcade version a couple weeks back. I now know what the warning screen means by "video emulation isn't 100% accurate". But all I noticed was at the end where it shows the path your car took. It had background graphics (that weren't scrambled) and it also seemed to 'zoom' back to a wider view of the world map. I was like;"Oh, that's what it's supposed to do." laugh

Dear Mod/Admin, Please let me know why you had to delete this post. Thanks.
I can play that in an arcade in Ruda Holiday Park, Croyde, North Devon, England. There's a 2 player there (last time I looked a few months ago) plus Sega Rally, Daytona USA 40", Virtua Racing with pneumatic pads that poke you (to simulate G-forces!)...

And if you are visiting North Devon, pop to Woolacombe for Rave Racer, Thrill Drive, G-LOC and more... plus surfing and night-club, heh!

Also Ilfracombe and Westward Ho! have some arcades too (better ones at Westward Ho!, including Sega Model 2 & 3 titles).

Ice

Thanks for the Devonian Arcade heads up! I was under the illusion that we were a poorly serviced sector these days.

Oh for the halycon days of playing Gauntlet and Out Run in Dawlish Warren.

smile

Heh, I found Exmouth had a good arcade, including Starblade, Line of Fire, Daytona Maxx (or whatever the turbo big wheel car hack is) and more!

I just wish I'd managed to secure the Driver's Eyes 3 screen cab that was in a derelict arcade in Ilfracombe but the owner wouldn't sell, then the place was vandalised and later burnt down :-(

Ice

Quote:
Originally posted by IceMan:
Heh, I found Exmouth had a good arcade, including Starblade, Line of Fire, Daytona Maxx (or whatever the turbo big wheel car hack is) and more!

I just wish I'd managed to secure the Driver's Eyes 3 screen cab that was in a derelict arcade in Ilfracombe but the owner wouldn't sell, then the place was vandalised and later burnt down :-(

Ice
Is that the one by the sea front there? The last time I was near the place was back in the mid '80s. Played Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Return of the Jedi!

Depends on if you mean Exmouth or Ilfracombe! Exmouth is in the centre round a corner, Ilfracombe is (was) on the main road through. There's only a couple of arcades left in Ilfracombe now, Westward Ho! (great name) is better. I remember playing World Rally Championship (Galeco) at an arcade in Ilfracombe a long time ago. Shame it's encrypted.

Ice

I spotted an original Out Run, an Operation Wolf, and a few other titles in the arcade across the road from Barry Island in Wales on Saturday.
-R

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (R. Belmont, Pernod), 24 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,855
Posts116,550
Members4,934
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com