Next Thread
Print Thread
MESSUI .0154 Delete a single game controls #95776 09/03/14 04:35 PM
T
tstwitter Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi,

I am playing with MESS and I have an issue. While playing Night Stalker on Intellivision I tried to remap the keyboard 8,6,4,2 numbers to buttons on my joystick. The eventual result was nothing worked correctly and I can't fix it now. Is there anyway to reset the joystick/keyboard mappings for a single game?
I also did a "Reset to Default" for all settings in MESSUI but to no avail, the joystick and keyboard mappings are still messed up.

Any ideas ?
tstwitter

Re: MESSUI .0154 Delete a single game controls [Re: tstwitter] #95777 09/03/14 04:51 PM
R
R. Belmont Online Content
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Check your cfg directory and delete the file for Night Stalker.

Re: MESSUI .0154 Delete a single game controls [Re: tstwitter] #95779 09/03/14 09:20 PM
T
tstwitter Offline OP
OP Offline
T
inside MESS\cfg I only found .cfg files for each system I am emulating. In this example it is intv.cfg

It fix I just renamed my old mess folder to mess_old and resetup mess with recopying over the old roms. Seemed to fix the problems because I could not find an individual .cfg file for the Intellivision Night Stalker game. I guess MESSUI does not manage .cfg files for each game.

Is there any other MESS frontend anyone would recommend other then MESSUI ?

tstwitter

Re: MESSUI .0154 Delete a single game controls [Re: tstwitter] #95780 09/03/14 09:37 PM
Robbbert Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
cfg files are system-specific (as in one for coleco). There's no mapping per game (as in Night Stalker) in MESS. The only other frontend is qmc2 but I have no idea if it manages settings at the individual software level.

Re: MESSUI .0154 Delete a single game controls [Re: Robbbert] #95784 09/03/14 10:47 PM
I
Isamu Offline
I
Hello gentlemen. I feel that I need to share this with you guys....

I wasn't going to say anything because it isn't *THAT* big of a deal, but since this topic exists I'll go ahead and mention it. There is a problem with MESS/UME and system specific cfg files. In a nutshell, they are not acknowledging the any changes I make. I am using UME64 and QMC2, and have gone over and reproduced this issue several times.

If running a specific system in UME, ie PSX, Saturn, etc, any specific mappings I make to that "system specific" setting(let's say psx) does get written to it's corresponding cfg file. So let part be clear. It IS writing to it correctly. However, upon relaunching the emulator, whatever changes I made are gone and have been reverted back to the settings in the *default* cfg file. MESS/UME does not read anything but the default.cfg file, when it comes to system specific cfg files. I have tried several systems with the same result....psx, saturn, pcengine, nes, etc. All the same. Yes, I made sure the emu is pointing at the proper cfg directory and yes all the system specific settings point there as well, in my case "C:\E\MAMEVARIANTS\QMC2-&-UME\UME\cfg".

The workaround I have used to address this issue was to simply create a subdirectory in the cfg folder for each system, and point those specific system settings to their own folders. So for psx I have a psx folder, containing both a default.cfg and a psx.cfg, same for Saturn, nes and so on.

I'm not sure why this is happening, since in a previous version of UME this issue did not exist, and the emu would properly read each system's specific cfg file without any problems.

Are you guys aware of this issue? If not I'm quite sure you're able to reproduce it on your end.

**UNLESS** it's an issue with QMC2 perhaps???

The developers of MESS have my sincere gratitude. Thank you guys.
Re: MESSUI .0154 Delete a single game controls [Re: tstwitter] #95804 09/04/14 09:25 PM
T
Trebor Offline
T
Some similar things have been reported in the past regarding creating mappings per system...

...here... http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=81755&page=1

...and here... http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=5550&Number=51976#Post51976

...if it helps.

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Darkstar), 47 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,775
Posts115,470
Members4,899
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020