Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
How I can increase and decrease pages like the real hardware to change "games" in Sonic Gameworld, for example?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIE1mUY77nw

There's comands for "increment" and "decrement" pages in the driver, but they don't seens to work properly...

L
L
Had a look at this and the "increment" and "decrement" pages buttons set the page register to either "storyware closed" (00) or "page 6" (3F), not any of the intermediate values (01, 03, 07, 0F, 1F).
The code controlling this seems to be at line 225 of segapico.c:
Code:
		/* Page register :
		   00 - storyware closed
		   01, 03, 07, 0f, 1f, 3f - pages 1-6
		   either page 5 or page 6 is often unused.
		*/
			{
				UINT8 tmp = m_io_page->read_safe(0);
				if (tmp == 2 && m_page_register != 0x3f)
				{
					m_page_register <<= 1;
					m_page_register |= 1;
				}
				if (tmp == 1 && m_page_register != 0x00)
					m_page_register >>= 1;
				retdata = m_page_register;
				break;
			}

EDIT: Okay, it actually does change the "page" but it is only noticeable when you are watching the value, as "tapping" the space/shift buttons seem to be too hard to increment the value to the next one.

EDIT2: When you get to one of these pages, you can't access any of the minigames as there's no way to "tap" on the gameware as required by the game.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
I can't see a easy way to implement the "tap the gameware" part...
But how are these games physically?
Maybe if various games share the same structure of "buttons" it's possible to create various "controllers sets" to use in the Sega Pico drive

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it's not that good."
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
And if could be possible to create clikable artwork for standalone softwares, I offer myself to help the creation of these clickable artwork

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it's not that good."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (MrBogi), 17 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,241
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com