Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cassette Playing Info Window #96431 10/11/14 01:03 PM
T
Trebor Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Tried searching these forums [cassette/tape playing/loading], available MAME/MESS documentation, and Googled with no luck.

Is there any option or way (preferably ini/cfg setting or command line switch) to hide - never see - the rectangular blue background/white font Window that appears when a cassette is playing under MESS for Windows?

In other words, I just want to hit F2 and see the end results with no info window appearing regarding the tape playing/loading; hopefully applicable to both computer systems like the Coleco Adam and consoles such as the Atari 2600 Starpath Supercharger.

Thanks.

Re: Cassette Playing Info Window [Re: Trebor] #96432 10/11/14 01:11 PM
R
R. Belmont Online Content
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
In general, as with hiding the startup information banner, people would want to do that to facilitate some kind of seamless for-profit kiosk experience, so we don't allow it.

Re: Cassette Playing Info Window [Re: Trebor] #96433 10/11/14 01:37 PM
T
Trebor Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Understood concerning not wanting to facilitate some kind of profit making scheme - thank you for the response.

Although, I'm a bit lost on how it applies to systems like the 2600 and Coleco Adam...

Oh, wait...forgetting it shares the MAME code; so if there's an option to hide it for the consoles and computers, the same will be applicable to Arcade games.

OK, unless I'm missing something - point now fully understood, although a shame as it detracts from the console/computer emulation experience as it is something you would not see under real hardware on the screen - just the end results.

Then again, I guess the same argument could be made for the Arcade machine(s) too...Oh well, can't 'win' here...lol.

Thanks again for responding...much obliged.

Re: Cassette Playing Info Window [Re: Trebor] #96434 10/11/14 03:47 PM
etabeta78 Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
also, a few systems are still quite timing sensitive so it's good to know when you've reach the end of the tape, because in that case you might want to quit and restart smile

Re: Cassette Playing Info Window [Re: Trebor] #96435 10/11/14 04:52 PM
R
R. Belmont Online Content
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Yeah. I'd like to have it show (and be controlled from) the Web UI - should be relatively easy.

Re: Cassette Playing Info Window [Re: Trebor] #97915 01/13/15 08:32 PM
K
KevinP Offline
K
Late to the conversation.....
I was just now looking that up and just a suggestion why are so many features mandatory?

Why is it that you have no choice outside a custom build to have the DIGITAL DATA PACK (NOT CASSETTE) be displayed over the window of what's being played.

The DIGITAL DATA PACK is NOT a Cassette but more of a disk laid out lengthwise and has pointers. You don't press play, turn it over or stop. It's fully automatic.

Also, there are too many nags and that's why I have to go through hoops to get the nonag version.
Yea, I got it...There are bugs and yes I have to own the software bla bla but one warning is enough.

Last, The expansions for ADAM.
What's on the back burner because I have the Atari Expansion, an Auto Dialer, An ADAM Link and a 64K ram for whomever wants them for their proms.

If anything It would be cool to actually use 80 columns, a hard drive and at the very least the 64K expansion once again.

All doable on a real ADAM.

Love the work, disks run great, DDP runs great.

Would like it to be called the Coleco ADAM but hey, to each his own.

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Dorando, Alegend45, xinyingho, Praxis, Carbon), 56 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,775
Posts115,470
Members4,899
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020