Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 269 of 396 1 2 267 268 269 270 271 395 396
T
T
Originally Posted by seanriddle
Space Invaders and Tetris have an Elan EU3A05, but Golden Tee has EU3A14; it looks similar but is a larger die. Klaus sent me a vtech laptop board about a year ago that had an EU3A12.

The EU3A12 is from the VTECH READER LAPTOP E (http://team-europe.blogspot.co.at/2017/03/decapping-is-fun-world-3.html)

this remembers me, that i should forward this rom-dump again to MAME, as it looks like it was not included back then, when i dumped it.
@Haze: interested in looking at it?

Last edited by TeamE; 01/22/18 12:12 PM.
H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
well you can send me the rom so that I can at least get an idea of what their progression might have been like.. you have my email ;-)

S
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
S
I uploaded the Golden Tee ROM: www.seanriddle.com/goldentee.bin

It starts off with 6502 code and has lots of graphics.

I wrote the data in little-endian format. I'll have to locate the code I used to dump the Vtech laptop ROM, but I'm guessing I wrote that as big-endian. Oops, got confused with the vsmile stuff I dumped for Klaus. I didn't dump the vtech laptop ROM.

Last edited by seanriddle; 01/23/18 10:08 AM.
R
Rik Offline
R
I've been waiting for one of these at a reasonable price, but it looks like the LCD panel in this one is toast: https://www.ebay.com/itm/292418534857?ul_noapp=true

It's probably simple enough to recreate from scratch, but it might be hard to figure out the segment wiring.

Finding one of these with a good LCD is nearly impossible... I think I had _one_ in 20 years of collecting (and I've had about 10 of these trying to get that one).

Tracing should be possible, but maybe hard. You can see the traces with no polarizing filter if you get light on them just right, but that would probably be tedious to do an entire LCD like that.

I MAY still have one of these (although with a bad LCD), if I can track it down I'll send it to you. (The little competition football as well, had the same problem. The photo on my website is Photoshopped... smile )

I would also love to get Tiger Star Castle in MAME...
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/StarCastleLCD.htm
It has the same LCD problem (polarizer removed for that photo...), but is somewhat playable still. I kept these (have two, both bad LCDs), have you tried to do anything with a Tiger game of that body design? No idea what the chip is though... I'll open it when I get them out of storage, see what I can see...

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
I uploaded the Golden Tee ROM: www.seanriddle.com/goldentee.bin

It starts off with 6502 code and has lots of graphics.

I wrote the data in little-endian format. I'll have to locate the code I used to dump the Vtech laptop ROM, but I'm guessing I wrote that as big-endian. Oops, got confused with the vsmile stuff I dumped for Klaus. I didn't dump the vtech laptop ROM.

interesting, so this one IS still 6502, but EU3A12 does not appear to be.

my latest pull request on github adds the laptop as non-working anyway, if somebody wants to poke around trying to find out what the CPU is derived from there, it might be something obvious I missed.

H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
Rik: I can't say for certain, but I think early-80s Tiger LCD handhelds have a SMC1112. So far, only Lucky Luke has been decapped(the one published by Orlitronic, but it's a Tiger game). SMC1112 is basically a TMS1100 with LCD controller, not much documentation for it can be found.

I sent Sean a Grandstand Game Player in an old package ( https://imgur.com/a/ELWFo ) he only got the PCB and it wasn't labeled, the carts are essentially jumpers, mentioning this so nobody doubles up.

S
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
S
I'm afraid that Grandstand die might be a casualty. I found a pic of the board on my driveway, which means I deglobbed it, but I can't find any pics or the die itself. That was back when I was deglobbing with a blowtorch, so I might have damaged it too much to salvage.

Not a problem

S
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
S
I also have pics from the same day of another board you sent. It has the text "pendulum sw" and looks like it had an LCD panel.

I found a couple of pics of dirty dies from the same date as the pics of the boards on my driveway. So now I think I couldn't clean them at the time, so I set them aside. Luckily, there are visible markings on the dies: the pendulum one is a SunPlus, 6625-199-121 and the other I just have a pic of the ID 1C5738-1645. I found pics I had done later of the SunPlus die; it's a biggie with about 100 pads. There's a lot of ROM but I can't see any bits; it might be flash. I haven't found more pics of the other die, and I haven't found anything searching for 1C5738. But Tandy Pirate has an OKI 3C5800, so maybe this is a similar MCU. Since I have a picture, I'm sure the die is around here somewhere.

Page 269 of 396 1 2 267 268 269 270 271 395 396

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Pernod, 1 invisible), 20 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,086
Posts119,088
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com