Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Hi ! Anyone using fedora 21 here ? Being used to Debian, it used to be pretty straightforward to retrieve all the required dependencies (apt-get build-dep).

I tried compiling MAME under Fedora 21 and I'm stuck at this part :

"Qt's meta object compiler (moc) wasn't found"

Any idea ? I installed the dependencies stated here : https://bluehatrecord.wordpress.com/2014/06/20/installing-mame-in-fedora-20/

Cheers ! & again, sorry for bothering you, guys !

Last edited by torturedutopian; 01/08/15 10:09 PM.
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
I develop the Linux port on Fedora 21. It is literally the best way to be supported on Linux for that reason smile You need to install the qt-devel package.

T
OP Offline
T
Oh man, what a noob I sound like after 15 years of using Linux... Just followed instructions without thinking, never used Fedora before smile

/me ashamed

T
OP Offline
T
BTW, works like a charm. For some unknown reason, contrary to what I've done the last x years, I did not need to enable any of the syncrefresh/waitvsync/refreshspeed options, in order to get a perfectly smooth and tear-free display (Intel HD 5000). No xorg.conf tweak either, and same result from Gnome 3 and from a "blank" xsession.

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (Dullaron, R. Belmont, Luengo, 1 invisible), 23 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,250
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com