Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
D
cgwg is there away to get the scanlines going up instead of going across? My old TV have lines going up instead of going across the screen. Is there a trick to turn the lines? smile

Windows 10 Home 64-bit / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 16 GB
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By Dullaron
cgwg is there away to get the scanlines going up instead of going across? My old TV have lines going up instead of going across the screen. Is there a trick to turn the lines? smile

That isn't scanlines you're thinking of. It's an aperture grid pattern, typical of Sony Trinitron tubes.

D
D
Yea I know. You can actually see those with the TV on and off. Back and front inside the TV bulbs. Glass shell over those. smile

Windows 10 Home 64-bit / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 16 GB
C
C
For a shadow mask or aperture grille pattern, you can use the old MAME -effect overlays. Some were posted here, or you can find some aperture grille effects of various widths that I created here.

To use filename.png, put it in your artwork directory and run
Code:
mame -effect filename

C
C
Originally Posted By cgwg
Originally Posted By u-man
I also didnt know that the SCREEN shader only starts to work with 2 MAME shaders present. I always tried it with only one plain MAME shader, your suggestion here would explain why i had troubles to get the SCREEN shaders working. I just followed the tutorial/docs and they claimed that you need at least one MAME shader present. My fault, that i never tried it with two wink .

Well, that's clearly a bug, and including 2 MAME shaders is just a convenient workaround.

Here's the fix:
Code:
diff --git a/src/osd/modules/render/drawogl.c b/src/osd/modules/render/drawogl.c
index f071428..03a6022 100644
--- a/src/osd/modules/render/drawogl.c
+++ b/src/osd/modules/render/drawogl.c
@@ -3117,7 +3117,7 @@ void sdl_info_ogl::texture_mpass_flip(ogl_texture_info *texture, int shaderIdx)
                        GL_CHECK_ERROR_NORMAL();
                        glViewport(0.0, 0.0, (GLsizei)texture->rawwidth, (GLsizei)texture->rawheight);
                }
-               else if ( shaderIdx==m_glsl_program_mb2sc )
+               if ( shaderIdx==m_glsl_program_mb2sc )
                {
                        assert ( m_glsl_program_mb2sc < m_glsl_program_num-1 );
                        glPopAttrib(); // glViewport(0.0, 0.0, (GLsizei)window().width, (GLsizei)window().height)

With it, you only need one MAME shader before a SCREEN shader.

There are still some odd issues with the texture coordinates for SCREEN shaders, though.

S
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
S
For a shadow mask or aperture grille pattern, you can use the old MAME -effect overlays. Some were posted here, or you can find some aperture grille effects of various widths that I created here.

Mirrored. If ya got time, please make some screenshots demonstrating Jungle King (junglek) smile :
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=344813

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Thanks cgwg, applied to trunk smile

u-man Offline OP
OP Offline
Awesome posts CGWG, i thank you so much for the fix and R. Belmont for applying the fix. You guys really rock.

I only can recommend the aperture grille patterns for every colored vector game, as there are no options for GLSL or HLSL (not yet smile ) to do shadowmasks on vector games. All the patterns of Stilettos link, are a nice way to do this.

The old MAME -effect just needs a transparency option and it would be perfect smile . Its sad, how many people underestimate those effect files. Especially if they use low-end hardware.

There are still some odd issues with the texture coordinates for SCREEN shaders, though.

Hahaha.. LoLs... I know at least two guys, that have headaches about this for weeks now (maybe months) wink .

I live... I die... I live again.
D
D
aperture_grille_narrow is perfect.

D
D
CRT-geom-halation.vsh

// strength of halation or "bloom" effect - e.g. 0.1 for 10%
halation = 0.015;

mame.ini

brightness 1.05
contrast 1.05
gamma 1.05

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (R. Belmont, AJR, 1 invisible), 31 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,973
Posts117,881
Members5,001
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com