Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101165 08/16/15 01:53 AM
D
OP Offline
D
I just tried several softlisted cassettes for the supercharger and the last time they worked was in mess0161.

$ mame0162 a2600 scharger -cass dstomper

When you press play it should start loading, but screen stays blank.

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
yeah, it's a known regression caused by some device rewrite / killing off of an old device that Curt did IIRC.

there's apparently no easy fix.

J
JL Offline
J
IMHO this was a huge regression for the 2600 machine, as MESS [now MAME] on the Supercharger games was the best true to life experience. Even better than the current amazing versions of Stella due to the accurate cassette loading [but not gameplay]

I have added MESS .161 in QMC2 as a "foreign emulator" for Supercharger games. Wish i could figure out how to get the "foreign emulator" to display only it's own software list. The software list it shows is always the software list from the last non foreign machine I clicked on

Last edited by JL; 08/22/15 02:05 PM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By JL
I have added MESS .161 in QMC2 as a "foreign emulator" for Supercharger games. Wish i could figure out how to get the "foreign emulator" to display only it's own software list. The software list it shows is always the software list from the last non foreign machine I clicked on

The software-list that you mean is only for the "current default emulator". You have to add software-items for foreign emulators manually... you can do that through the so called "foreign IDs" that each foreign emulator can have.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]

We're searching for QMC2 translators and support for existing translations. Interested? See here!
R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Agreed that this is pretty serious - breaking one of our best emulations right before the big merger is definitely mud on the project's face.

To be fair a2600 hasn't been the top shelf emulation for about 3 years now. Since the 6502 rewrite in late 2012, there have been observed problems with assorted games with timing and sound. Then again, that can be said about most Atari 6502(6507)-based consoles and computers. It is still very capable but all it takes is a few annoyances to send people packing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (robcfg, Golden Child, Dorando, 1 invisible), 17 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,019
Posts118,453
Members5,010
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com