QMC2 0.57 released #102293 10/28/15 06:51 PM
Q
qmc2 Offline OP
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
Q
QMC2 0.57 has been released.

See http://qmc2.batcom-it.net/index.php/2015/10/28/qmc2-0-57-released/ for details!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]

We're searching for QMC2 translators and support for existing translations. Interested? See here!
Re: QMC2 0.57 released [Re: qmc2] #102302 10/29/15 03:39 AM
Cyberzinho Punk Offline
Thanks for the update!!!

Sorry, my English is bad!
MAME for Slackware
Re: QMC2 0.57 released [Re: qmc2] #102311 10/29/15 11:14 AM
Shideravan Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Another great release!
Performance improvements are the icing on the cake smile

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it's not that good."
Re: QMC2 0.57 released [Re: qmc2] #102355 10/31/15 04:11 AM
M
Monotremata Offline
M
Thanks QMC2!! Only thing Ive noticed going funny on my system is the romlist likes to change itself back to Full Detail View everytime I open the app, even if its set to Hierarchical. Just have to use the dropdown selection and switch it to Full Detail and back and it fixes itself..

Oh and thanks for whatever you did that fixed the weird scrolling issues in the tabs (not sure if anyone else had those or not)! I love reading the histories of the machines and it was doing some funky things the last couple of releases but now it works great again.

Re: QMC2 0.57 released [Re: Monotremata] #102356 10/31/15 06:28 AM
Q
qmc2 Offline OP
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By Monotremata
Thanks QMC2!! Only thing Ive noticed going funny on my system is the romlist likes to change itself back to Full Detail View everytime I open the app, even if its set to Hierarchical. Just have to use the dropdown selection and switch it to Full Detail and back and it fixes itself..

There's a related fix in SVN.

We're searching for QMC2 translators and support for existing translations. Interested? See here!
Re: QMC2 0.57 released [Re: qmc2] #102477 11/06/15 10:06 PM
S
Shoegazer Offline
S
Hello, I have a question regarding psu memory card support in QMC2: The only way I've found to create and automatically use a memcard is to go into "Devices > Device Mappings", type a new "Active Device Configuration" and THEN set the memory card file location. I found that creating a new configuration was necessary since the default can't be altered (which I suppose makes sense but I'm guessing first-time users wouldn't know to take the extra step).

In any event, is this the only way to create/use memcards, or is there a better way? The QMC2 guide calls this the "legacy way" so I'm not sure.

Also, could the two new "memcard" slots be listed in the "Slot options" tab or is that currently constrained by the psu driver itself?

Re: QMC2 0.57 released [Re: Shoegazer] #102523 11/09/15 11:24 AM
Q
qmc2 Offline OP
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By Shoegazer
In any event, is this the only way to create/use memcards, or is there a better way? The QMC2 guide calls this the "legacy way" so I'm not sure.

You could also select a memcard file on the file chooser tab and click the "save" button (top-left corner) to make it a stored device configuration.

Originally Posted By Shoegazer
Also, could the two new "memcard" slots be listed in the "Slot options" tab or is that currently constrained by the psu driver itself?

Which "new" memcard slots do you mean?

Re: QMC2 0.57 released [Re: qmc2] #102527 11/09/15 05:43 PM
S
Shoegazer Offline
S
Quote:
You could also select a memcard file on the file chooser tab and click the "save" button (top-left corner) to make it a stored device configuration.

Thanks. Though with file chooser, I believe you can either select a memcard OR a cdrom image, but not both, since it seems geared to accept only the current selection, even if I save the configuration. IOW if I select "memcard" and choose a memory card, save configuration, then switch to "cdrom" and choose an image, then click psu from the list of machines on the left, QMC2 will only launch MAME with the -cdrom directive and forgets about setting the -memcard directive.

I assume this is because file chooser is intended to be used for simple, single-device selections; whereas for more complex cases like the psu you'd want to use device mapping. Although in that case, I wonder what benefits the file chooser really offers, since the device mappings tab seems to cover all possible use cases nicely - and has its own "file chooser" when you click a folder, which seems pretty intuitive to me. Device mappings also covers the use case involving configuring MAME to auto-create a memory card - which I assume isn't possible in the file chooser given that it expects you to *choose* something that already exists. wink

At least, would you consider adding an option to view "Stored device configurations" under the file chooser tab as it is currently for the other two tabs, since you can affect such configurations within the file chooser tab?

Quote:
Which "new" memcard slots do you mean?

I was just wondering whether memcard slots could be listed under slot options. Currently the only slot options that appear are gamepad-related for port1 and port2. I assume this is because MAME sees memcards as devices rather than "slots" - however, the psu of course did have memory card "slots".

Re: QMC2 0.57 released [Re: qmc2] #102528 11/09/15 05:51 PM
Q
qmc2 Offline OP
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
Q
You can edit the stored device configuration after you've saved it from the file-chooser. But yes, the file-chooser is for 1:1 (1 device to 1 file) mappings, and the device instance selector that it has lets you choose the device you want to use. Per default, it will decide on that automatically by the extension of the file, but you can disable this.

You're mixing up slots and their (slot-)options with the device instances they (may) create. The "Device mappings" tab shows the instances and files they are "mapped to", the "Slot options" tab lets you setup the available slots / slot-options.

Re: QMC2 0.57 released [Re: qmc2] #102532 11/09/15 10:04 PM
S
Shoegazer Offline
S
Thanks. I also noticed the "merge with device mappings" option does open file chooser options a bit, though IMHO it might be nice if merging defaulted to "on" (or even removed as an option - is there any reason not to merge?)

I realize memory cards (as devices) are different from what I perceive as memory card "slots". Given the ps hardware features memory card "slots", I was curious why MAME wouldn't see them as such, but I think I know why - it's not really a slot in the same sense as a gamepad port, where you'd have a discrete list of permitted items in which to insert. So, MAME instead ignores the slot, and sees the cards themselves as "devices" in a sense similar to software.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  qmc2 

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (R. Belmont, MAMEBase, Colin Howell, AJR, Stiletto, pmackinlay), 178 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,749
Posts114,949
Members4,884
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020