Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
D
I probably gonna host that. Since it free to use. Adding it later today on the website. With a note saying what it is for.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 16 GB
N
NLS Offline
N
So will this be added to next distribution?

Anybody care to take a screenshot or two?

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
If someone can package it up into a nice pull request (or at least a diff) it can probably go in.

D
D
Added onto https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/crt-geom-alternative-downloads (Note: horizont only. Tested on Galaga and it leaving color lines. Turn it to the side will fix the problem.)

I may just leave it there for backup anyway. smile

Windows 10 Home 64-bit / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 16 GB
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By Dullaron
Added onto https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/crt-geom-alternative-downloads (Note: horizont only. Tested on Galaga and it leaving color lines. Turn it to the side will fix the problem.)

I may just leave it there for backup anyway. smile

Yeah.

I wasn't going to change a bunch of stuff in the shader. It's cgwg's, after all. But I probably should have handled vertical games correctly at least.

If cgwg wants to do more work on it, that wold be great. I guess that if he doesn't want to, I can fix it up a bit so it can be included in MAME.

I can try to copy the format/style of MooglyGuy's shaders and I suppose I can figure out how to do a diff or a pull request if nobody else will.

It would take a few days or a week since I'm pretty busy work though.

D
D
No problem at all. If you can't do it then don't worry about it. People will have to lay down to their side or turn their arcade screen to vertical for Galaga or some other vertical games. cgwg probably doesn't know how to make it to auto flip yet. No worry.

If you can get it completed before the end of the month, so it can go into the next release that would be really awesome smile

Originally Posted By SoltanGris42
Yeah.

I wasn't going to change a bunch of stuff in the shader. It's cgwg's, after all. But I probably should have handled vertical games correctly at least.

If cgwg wants to do more work on it, that wold be great. I guess that if he doesn't want to, I can fix it up a bit so it can be included in MAME.

I can try to copy the format/style of MooglyGuy's shaders and I suppose I can figure out how to do a diff or a pull request if nobody else will.

It would take a few days or a week since I'm pretty busy work though.

I have send you a PM regarding all of these "problems" smile .

I live... I die... I live again.
C
C
Ok, I took a shot at it.

Thanks! It's hard to debug this sort of thing on Linux.
Quote:
I also added in a magenta/green striped aperture mask just because I thought it was a standard feature in most crt-geom versions floating around the internet. And I added a slider to turn off the effect. I hope cgwg doesn't mind...

The main reason I never included this in the MAME version is that the same functionality was available using the -effect overlays.

I've created a new version that does a similar thing using textures loaded from files, and I've created a bunch of suitable images. Note that these are all designed for displays with RGB subpixel order, so they won't behave that well under rotation. It's available here, again in uncompiled form.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By cgwg
Ok, I took a shot at it.

Thanks! It's hard to debug this sort of thing on Linux.
Quote:
I also added in a magenta/green striped aperture mask just because I thought it was a standard feature in most crt-geom versions floating around the internet. And I added a slider to turn off the effect. I hope cgwg doesn't mind...

The main reason I never included this in the MAME version is that the same functionality was available using the -effect overlays.

I've created a new version that does a similar thing using textures loaded from files, and I've created a bunch of suitable images. Note that these are all designed for displays with RGB subpixel order, so they won't behave that well under rotation. It's available here, again in uncompiled form.

This version compiles out of the box with no changes. I'll attach the compiled version here so people can try it.

http://filebin.ca/2kZGvOzagKb0/crt-geom_bgfx_v2_compiled.zip

As far as the aperture mask goes, I always add it in the shader rather than a MAME effect overlay, because in my own shader I do additional processing after this step. Since the shadow mask/aperure grille costs a lot of brightness and some saturation/contrast, I do an additional tone-mapping step after the shadow mask to bring it back.

And for rotation I'm not sure what the best thing is. You can always just use the u_swap_xy uniform to decide whether to rotate the mask. But that doesn't always look good for every mask texture, so I don't know if should be automatic or not. Maybe just add a manual selection for mask rotation? Then people can just copy/paste the chain file and use different defaults with their vertical games.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Praxis, 1 invisible), 30 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,973
Posts117,881
Members5,001
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com